Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Just do a very good home inspection with the ability to walk if needed. You might knock on a few neighbors doors and see how they like their homes and their experiences with the builder.

I've had several buyers purchase their homes here in DFW in the last few years and all their experiences have been favorable. Even new homes need a inspection from an independent inspector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,962 times
Default No way!!

I can't believe this quote I just stumbled across. I built a house with First Texas in DFW, and was pleased as punch. They were awesome. My home was built in a timely manner, and the couple of mistakes we noticed were cosmetic, and they fixed them without argument. I'm getting transferred to Houston in the next few months, and I'm buying from First Texas Homes there, too. I guess you can't make everybody happy, but the people in my neighborhood love their homes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25547_Canyon_Crossing View Post
Hi Guys,

Whoever is building with First Texas / Gallery Custom Homes should absolutely run away from them. I just finished building them at Westheimer lakes in west Houston and it was one of the worst experience I have had in my life.

They did NOT follow house Blue Print. they lied to us even when they gave us in writing and accepted no responsibility. They did not follow any standards. I have all this in writing and documented in pictues, exmils and faxes. Jose, the builder, is absolute worst I have met in my life. He walked away angrily from pre-sheet rock meeting when we confronted him with ICC code and there was a violation. They made us pay for their mistakes, about $10000. They moved our closing day thrice because "buyer found too many mistakes in finished house". I'm not ranting and have documented/pictured proof of everything they said they would do failed to do it.

They have no contact number. When I managed to get one, I was told, All complaints will have to be directed to sales person even when her replies are ridiculous. She said "our architects did not knew what they were doing" among many other things. She said she has no power to influence anything but you only have her for any talk. Its classsic car-salesman technique.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM

34 posts, read 128,738 times
Anyone had experience in their Garland properties?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,563 times
Default First Texas homes are built so bad I wouldn't recommend them to my enemy

My husband and I bought a First Texas home in 2004 and have had nothing but problems since. From air conditioner improperly installed, dry rot in the wall from a leak in the roof that was covered up and not repaired, to water leak in our master bedroom that the builder can not decide what is causing the leak. We have owned two previous homes and have never had these many issues. And our prior homes were built years ago. I will never advise anyone to purchase First Texas homes. In fact I will tell everyone I meet to steer clear of First Texas Homes. You get a lot of house for the money, but it is definitely not worth the trouble.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,385 times
I would like to get feedback abt gallery custom homes in garland...

Old 12-25-2009, 10:39 AM

34 posts, read 128,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john0003 View Post
I would like to get feedback abt gallery custom homes in garland...
Stay away from them...Specially meyers medows having lot of foundation issues.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,543 times
Default Stay Away

A week after I moved into my new house. First Texas Homes builder came over and knocked down my fence in back while I was gone. No notice was given, not even a courtesy note or phone call. Apparently, it worked with his schedule for the house they were building next to mine. Unfortunately for me, it caused my dogs to run-off.

First Texas could not have cared any less. No sorry or anything from them. They acted like it wasn't a big deal since I was lucky enough to safely retrieve my dogs.

By the way, the fence still has a big gap in it where the poorly reconstructed it. The fence is a different color in the area where they knocked it down and the side of my yard is a big mud pit from the demolition. They still haven't fixed it, even after I have called for them to repair it.

What have I gotten myself into?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:57 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdTd1 View Post
A week after I moved into my new house. First Texas Homes builder came over and knocked down my fence in back while I was gone. No notice was given, not even a courtesy note or phone call. Apparently, it worked with his schedule for the house they were building next to mine. Unfortunately for me, it caused my dogs to run-off.

First Texas could not have cared any less. No sorry or anything from them. They acted like it wasn't a big deal since I was lucky enough to safely retrieve my dogs.

By the way, the fence still has a big gap in it where the poorly reconstructed it. The fence is a different color in the area where they knocked it down and the side of my yard is a big mud pit from the demolition. They still haven't fixed it, even after I have called for them to repair it.

What have I gotten myself into?
You need to speak to the company owner, he should be aware so he can rectify the situation and make sure it doesn't happent o someone else. Get his contact from the sales manager at the sales office.

Naima

Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,449 times
I am have submitted my offer to house in Frisco Area, these guys are taking hell lot of time to respond to my offer. I have not seen an builder who has taken this much of time to respond.

Do any one have any idea if this is normal for First Texas or I am the one who is facing this problem.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromaurora View Post
I am have submitted my offer to house in Frisco Area, these guys are taking hell lot of time to respond to my offer. I have not seen an builder who has taken this much of time to respond.

Do any one have any idea if this is normal for First Texas or I am the one who is facing this problem.
They respond very well in all the cases I've dealt with them.

Maybe your "Offer" we too low and they have no motivation to do business with you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas