Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:03 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,676 times

Advertisements

First, off let me start by saying a bit of a drive for good medical care does not bother us.
Right now, we travel well over 50 miles, to Beverly Hills to avoid the crowed emergency rooms full of illegal immigrants, and others on public assistance.
Many hospitals here have shut their doors, or otherwise ofter substandard care because they cannot afford the influx of non-paying patients.
That said, it is important for us to have American trained, English speaking doctors, we just need to know what hospitals and medical centers have the very best care, in the DFW area.
We have searched online, but often the information we really desire is omitted. Thank you,
MBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Is there a certain area that you are needing in medical care?

For trauma and burns.......... though Parkland is the county hospital it is TOP NOTCH when it comes to treating those in trauma or w/ severe burns.

Children: for children with SEVERE needs then Childrens. Do not go there to the ER for minor childhood illnesses as those are not "emergencies" to them and the wait could be HOURS.

If I need a nuerologist I'm going to Presbyterian Dallas to see the one that treats my sister.

Baylor Dallas has a great heart center.

Most of the hospitals have an affiliate or two (or more) in the suburbs that are better used if they are close and for minor needs.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
I've had like 10 people here tell me that Plano Presbyterian is one of the best in Dallas.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM

I think I was misunderstood, although I appreciate the advice.
Since we are planning a move soon I need to get all our medical insurance in order, so I need to know, what hospitals have the best reputations as far as general care, and the most American educated English speaking doctors affiliated with them. I am also trying to avoid any hospital where the ER is used as a clinic.
When I make an appointment, I expect to be seen within 15 minutes of my appointment time, and have a pleasant waiting room experience, like I stated, our doctors now are all in Beverly Hills, we pay for, and expect the same kind of care we are receiving now, at least as close as we can get.
The best medical care is very important to my family, and we gladly pay what is necessary to receive such care.
Thank you,
MBG

Old 03-04-2007, 04:18 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
Plano Presbyterian

Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Thank you I appreciate it.
I do not know if you have the same problems with medical care as we do in California. MBG

Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Different doctors offices are different when it comes to wait times. When we had Kaiser here they were AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I've run across a doctor or two that had horrible wait times and were ALWAYS running late. It just takes finding a good doctor that you like that does not overbook but can get you in when you need to be seen. The doctors we use now are all pretty good about that.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
When we had Kaiser here they were AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been to Kaiser's all over the country, in my younger days that was all we got for insurance...they are awful everywhere I have been!!
I know, here in So Cal, from most people I have spoken with, it is not unusual for doctors to triple book!
That is something I will not put up with, I will also not tolerate having a language barrier, I expect an English speaking doctor that was educated here!
MBG

Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 67,041 times
Baylor is a place I would go for the type of service you are asking about. Runners up: Presbyterian, Medical City. UT Southwestern has many very prominent doctors, its just an academic medical center, which doesn't always translate to the most attentive patient care.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:50 AM

418 posts, read 1,784,886 times
I'm born and raised in Dallas, and there is no WAY I would go anywhere other than Baylor Dallas or Presbyterian Dallas. Top notch doctors. My OB/GYN is at Baylor, and he's one of the best in Dallas. My general doctor is at Baylor, too. My Dermatologist is at Presby. All are English speaking, lol.

I have friends that live in Arlington and in Plano, and all chose to have their babies in Dallas hospitals. Simply because they have excellent care, in case something goes wrong, and also the close proximity to Children's.

If you need any doctor recommendations, I'm happy to help out.

K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas