Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:03 AM

45 posts, read 205,543 times

Advertisements

I'm currently researching buying a home in the Coppell, Plano or Frisco areas. Is anybody familiar with any of these subdivisions?

Asbury Manor, Coppell
Coppell Greens, Coppell
Devonshire, Coppell
Hunters Glen, Plano
Villages of Russell Creek, Plano
Ridgeview Ranch, Plano
West Creek Estates, Plano
The Fairways of Ridgeview, Plano

Are these in good areas where the homes are well maintained and with good resale values? How about proximity to major freeways?

I'll be visiting at the end of this month for relocation purposes. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,439 times
I looked at several homes in Hunters Glen. None of them were right for us, but I didn't see any that had obvious flaws or issues. The homes seemed to be well cared for, and in good repair. The streets were in good shape and the cars I did see were newer models, also in good repair.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:45 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,429,492 times
Russell Creek is the Frisco of the late 80s.

Homes are older there, but it's a great community with some of the best Elementary schools in Plano (i.e. Mathews, 3 time Blue Ribbon winner).

For me, the area was somewhat un-eventful and a little expensive being it is in the interior of Plano.

A community I did like there is called 'Whiffletree'

Old 03-05-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks, folks!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM

257 posts, read 946,007 times
While my favorite mall is in Frisco, and I like the overall atmosphere of Frisco too - lots of shopping and nice homes and restaurants... I don't think I would ever buy there because it is too far from a freeway. I don't like having to driver forever thru traffic to get to a freeway access.

If you are the kind of person that never ventures far from home, then it could work for you. Otherwise, I would look around the East/West Toll Corridor, and along 75 Corridor.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:36 PM

The North Dallas Tollway goes through Frisco. The mall is a little east, but Frisco is pretty central from the perspective of future planning. I hear the 'must live near the freeway' argument alot, but when I query people as to how they shop/live, most rarely leave the area where they live. I think something can also be said for living away from freeways as well.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:37 PM

How about the Ridgeview Ranch area in Plano? Anybody know anything about it? Approximate age of neighborhood?

Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoTX View Post
How about the Ridgeview Ranch area in Plano? Anybody know anything about it? Approximate age of neighborhood?
Where is it in Plano ? West of Coit, east of Coit. North of Spring Creek, etc ?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 AM

71 posts, read 343,879 times
Ridgeview Ranch is a good location. You can easily get to 121, Dallas North Tollway and 75. I believe Highland is still building in there. New homes therefore you are not going to have trees.

Villages of Russell Creek are right down the road with a beautiful lake (pond really) with a fountain in the middle.

Whiffletree is a great neighborhood with lots of trees, but built in the 80's. It sounds like you are looking at new construction.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXprincess View Post
Ridgeview Ranch is a good location. You can easily get to 121, Dallas North Tollway and 75. I believe Highland is still building in there. New homes therefore you are not going to have trees.
Are you sure ?

http://www.highlandhomes.com/website.nsf/HI/DFW.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas