Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Well we were looking for the exit and asking around. Some people were too drunk to tell us a direct answer. Another lady told me upfront its just right over there and we had to suffer being squished between all sorts of strangers in the process of escaping...yugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Thanks for the reports. Guess I won't be doing this one afterall. I cannot stand to be in the middle of a crowd like those at Mardi Gras, or Times Square on new yr eve. I get very anxious if I can't see an out if needed. I did a festival in Atlanta once and all these young kids started doing that body slamming and pushing crap. I started freaking out and told my friend to get me out of there. He was more level headed and just held on to me and we stood our ground and then they stopped.

Think I will be in church next new year's eve, Lord willin and the creek don't rise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 PM

990 posts, read 2,303,765 times
wow, you guys sound like a bunch of old fuddy duddies. Why would you even think you would enjoy something like that?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
I had to stay home w/ the birthday girl and her friends but hubby and friends went to the Stars game. We park in the West Blue lot and he said the worst was trying to get OUT from the game afterwards when others were trying to come in. That let him cut across Victory to the center parking lot and across and he got out of there w/o any of the other traffic. But he had to tell the attendant what he wanted to do and they stopped the traffic coming in so that he could do so.

The birthday girl thinks she wants to celebrate her 16th in NYC at Times Square. NOT WITH THIS MOTHER! I've already been told that it is literally people standing pushed up to you for HOURS ALL DAY LONG! One guy that has been told me that you can't even leave your spot to get food or something to drink or go to the bathroom. Your just literally smashed together waiting. NO THANKS!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:37 AM

60 posts, read 280,104 times
i wouldn't go either! lol i've always wanted to go to times square to see the ball drop...and i've been a hand full of times during the holidays to visit with friends.....none of which will take me! lol they say not even they would bother to go because it's too crowded, no bathrooms in site, a very very snug standing room only and for hours...hmph! doesn't sound like much fun until the actual event itself...some say it's worth it, others say it's not.

you really have to be in the mind set for something like it i think. i personally, would have to pump myself up 10 fold for sure!! lol ny during the holidays is awesome though. i highly recommend macy's thanksgiving parade.

as for the dallas nye, i haven't been and not sure that i would go. probably for the same reasons i guess many new yorkers don't go. lol at least not until they get some talent that i would like to see....i watched some of it on tv and it just didn't appeal to me this year.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Well you can go to Victory Park for NYE just don't get into the crowd. Stay at the very back where the small trees and vendors are at in order to avoid being stampeded upon.

The music was great. Fireworks were amazing but short. The screens helped us see everything. It really could have been a great time had I not been smashed in the crowd or really tired and cold at the time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESITOSDECOCO View Post
i wouldn't go either! lol i've always wanted to go to times square to see the ball drop...and i've been a hand full of times during the holidays to visit with friends.....none of which will take me! lol they say not even they would bother to go because it's too crowded, no bathrooms in site, a very very snug standing room only and for hours...hmph! doesn't sound like much fun until the actual event itself...some say it's worth it, others say it's not.

you really have to be in the mind set for something like it i think. i personally, would have to pump myself up 10 fold for sure!! lol ny during the holidays is awesome though. i highly recommend macy's thanksgiving parade.

as for the dallas nye, i haven't been and not sure that i would go. probably for the same reasons i guess many new yorkers don't go. lol at least not until they get some talent that i would like to see....i watched some of it on tv and it just didn't appeal to me this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas