Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,305 times

Advertisements

Here’s my situation…I’m a field-based sales manager, so commuting to an office is not an issue, but commute time to DFW airport matters. I have two young children (oldest in kindergarten). One child has severe animal allergies, so we want something new (no pets in the past). Price-wise, we are in the $350-$400k range.

I am considering a new home by Avery Edwards in the Pecan Ridge neighborhood of the trails. Any feedback? (I like the good schools, community pools, and tennis courts).

My only hesitation is property value being so diverse in the area. Is this hurting resale in the higher priced homes?

I’ve seen Stonebridge on-line, but haven’t seen in person (tough to judge based on pictures).

How do the area compare based on schools, traffic (time to get to major freeways), and resale? Also what is the difference in property tax rates in Denton and Collin counties?

Thanks!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-11-2009 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: repaired font issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 AM

9 posts, read 41,790 times
I just moved away from the Stonebridge Ranch area and it's a GREAT place. Very pretty, lots of amenities, nice people. However, the neighborhood right around corner, and I think they may actually connect, is Craig Ranch, and that one is AWFUL. Craig Ranch is made up of different little neighborhoods, and some may be nicer than others, but the kind of people you see in there are very different from other nicer areas. I have friends in Craig Ranch and obviously they aren't the sort of people I'm talking about.... but I've seen enough shady looking people that I'd never buy a house anywhere near there. That's sad because Stonebridge is probably one of the neatest/nicest neighborhoods I've ever seen. I'd beware of Mckinney in general, it's cheaper than Frisco, and when things get cheap enough, anyone can move in.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:19 AM

583 posts, read 2,634,330 times
Our neighborhood connects to SBR (Ridgecrest) but is not part of the SBR community. My hubby commutes to DFW once a week. He travels the North DAllas tollway to 121 all the way to the airport. Travel time takes approx. 35-40 minutes. He also books his flights super early--usually departing 6am-8am flights. It's not a bad commute at all. I do enjoy the SBR area & the people are friendly. It is filled with tons of kids. Some diversity (both race/religion/finacial) which I know most people can appreciate. I like that it borders both Allen & Frisco. Shopping in Mckinney is a breeze. Schools in MISD are good. Lots of inventory in your price range. You may even be surprised what $300K can purchase here. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:33 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Stonebridge is a very nice area. Frisco is nice also, but not as developed as McKinney. Schools though from my research seem to be a bit better, but the flux of boundary changes due to it's population growth is concerning, however schools are good in both areas. Frisco is off of the Tollway, and if you get on there before 8:00 your commute will be a breeze. After 8:00-8:45 until approx 9:15, and I hope you don't have to be anywhere soon. I can leave McKinney (Custer & 380) @ 7:05 and be at DFW by 7:40 via the Tollway.

Stonebridge is a really nice neighborhood with sidewalks, mini-parks and a good amount of families. There are also two pools, one with a beach club.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,305 times
Thanks for the feedback... I'm having a hard time finding out what people think of Avery Edwards. They seem to be a smaller builder, so not as much information out there. The homes are beautiful, but I'm interested in their reputation for customer service and quality.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:42 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
I have not been able to get an opinion either on that specific builder. Everyone is always a heard it from, or a friend, or something like that. Mostly good, but some small stuff that I've heard. I don't personally have any info on them, or had even heard of them before moving to the area.

Sorry, but I hope you get some accurate info on them. If you do, will you post it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas