Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM

7 posts, read 12,321 times

Advertisements

hi, my name is ben and me my girlfriend and her 2.5 year old son are movin to the DFW area in may. were comin from michigan cause the extreme lack of work in michigan and also to start our lives as well. i was wonderin if any ya'll could tell me bout the jobs in the DFW area and also the nice areas in the DFW as well, even areas near DFW will be helpful too. im currently a student and im gonna transfer my credits down to a community college in the area we move too. what are the community colleges around that area, oh and also whats the people like in the DFW area? what all kinda jobs are mainly down there? well any info ya'll may have would be very helpful and very much apreciated as well, also if it takes a little bit for me to reply back its just cause im new to this whole city-data web site and im still tryin to figure it all out. thank you for any replys and have a good day hope to talk to ya soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,485,157 times
DCCCD: DCCCD Home

Campus listing in the red bar on the top of the page.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
DFW is a the entire Metro plex, in reality Fort Worth and Dallas are a good distance apart. Good 45 min to hour drive.

Everything depends on what you are looking for? Where you want to go to school. There is many community colleges here. Do a web search regarding colleges in the Dallas area.

Job market- depends what you are looking for. Corporate jobs are not hiring right now, small business are closing up. The economy it bad here too. If you want a job at Wal-mart ot Target or fast food you might be able to find something. The job market is not bad, it's not booming either.

People here are nice, friendly and sometimes hard headed. But, over all nice people.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post

Job market- depends what you are looking for. Corporate jobs are not hiring right now, small business are closing up. The economy it bad here too. If you want a job at Wal-mart ot Target or fast food you might be able to find something. The job market is not bad, it's not booming either.

Compared to Michigan right now, we are in economic nirvana.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM

6,825 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Compared to Michigan right now, we are in economic nirvana.

You got that right.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM

7 posts, read 12,321 times
thank you all y'all, i spelled it rite this time lol. i say it but dont spell it much. yeah michigan is very bad i lost my job of 3.5 yrs last nov. and its very hard to find any work here. ive been to texas a few times thats why i wana move there. ive only been to texarkana austin and arlington. ive gone through dallas but never had time to really experience it. i dont care for arlington the south side is nice but it aint gotta bus route least not that i had seen and the north side is very getto, no offense if any y'all are from that area. its just not the area for me thats all. bout the community colleges thanks, im gonna check that link out and google cc's in texas. work wise me and my girlfriend would like factory/warehouse work perferably but were not picky we'll do anything that is available. yes very true statment bout texas a economic nirvana compared to michigan lol. michigan has the worse job market and highest unemployment rate in the country, which is the reason i hate it here and most people have some kinda state pride but i dont lol its kinda embaressing to say yur from the state thats always on the news leadin unemployment by approx. 1.5% lol. well thanks again i really apreciate all yur help. anymore info you may have id love to hear it, im just trying to getta good idea of where to locate at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas