Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:35 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,072,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannewebx View Post
Actually, in Knox-Henderson, when we looked in Feb., we couldn't find anything under $1,000,000 except a house next to a bar....
That's completely unbelievable.

Most likely, there's some confusion as to which neighborhoods we're really talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 05:54 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,520,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannewebx View Post
Actually, in Knox-Henderson, when we looked in Feb., we couldn't find anything under $1,000,000 except a house next to a bar....
That sounds like those new townhomes on the corner of Abbot @ Knox backing up to the Katy Trail. They're actually in Highland Park and I believe they start in the $800's. There are other townhomes just south of Knox on Travis, Cole & Armstrong that would be lower. Anyway, $700k for a townhome in Knox-Henderson is quite do-able.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 PM

54 posts, read 187,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
That sounds like those new townhomes on the corner of Abbot @ Knox backing up to the Katy Trail. They're actually in Highland Park and I believe they start in the $800's. There are other townhomes just south of Knox on Travis, Cole & Armstrong that would be lower. Anyway, $700k for a townhome in Knox-Henderson is quite do-able.
Back in Feb., before my trip to Dallas, I spent hours researching properties and plotting homes on a map & then spent 2 full days with a real estate agent seeing them all. Since we'd have 2 kids home from college in the summers, we'd need at least 3 bedrooms, and 4 would be perfect, for a guest room. I also need a home office. At the time, I was looking at Highland Park, Univ. Park, around Throckmorton, Preston Hollow and Knox-Henderson. I thought maybe we're a bit old for Uptown (we're in our late 40's) I had gone to Realtor.com, I think, or it was the Alliebeth (spelling?) website and when I put in the Knox-Henderson area, there wasn't a listing for under $1,000,000 approx. There was one little single home with a pool that I kind of liked, and was under $700,000, but it was behind a bar/restaurant, had only 2 bedrooms and probably not a great investment. Once we somehow sell our house in Ohio-- a seemingly impossible venture at this point, I will definately go through the listings again. I would love a Knox-Henderson townhouse that's in walking distance to the stores/restaurants, etc. I'll take a look at the ones at Abbott and Knox and the others you mentioned to see if there is anything available when we're finally ready for our next house-hunting trip. Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas