Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM

346 posts, read 730,393 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering because that seems to keep coming up in threads. I guess this relates back to my thread, asking about dating. Is it true that Dallas women are hotter than they are anywhere else? Will that make dating for those of us who are just "decent looking" and aren't over-tanned, impossible? I lived in So Cal, where there are a lot of pretty people and dating wasn't too bad there. I do live in Chicago now, where dating is really bad, because it is mostly women in Chicago.
So, I guess that's my question. Are all the women there really that hot and, if so, do the rest of us even stand a chance in terms of dating, or should I just start looking at other cities right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 11:03 PM

77 posts, read 227,739 times
Unequaled on the planet.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:08 PM

346 posts, read 730,393 times
Even hotter than San Diego? So, would a normal looking woman even have a chance in dating down there?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Even hotter than San Diego? So, would a normal looking woman even have a chance in dating down there?
It has less to do with looks than grooming. You will figure it out when you get here.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,044 times
Quote:
I think that would depend on what kind of guys with whom you socialize. If looks are their #1 priority, it may be. Wouldn't you consider this type of guy rather shallow though? Most of these guys anyway leave so very much to be desired. There are so many guys out there who are looking for a woman with a great heart, wonderful values, and a character to match...you know, what's truly important.

To answer the question, "Yes, women in Dallas are much hotter than in San Diego, and it's because of the weather."

Old 05-26-2009, 07:46 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,479,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It has less to do with looks than grooming. You will figure it out when you get here.
But I've heard that particular bit of grooming prevents pheromones from "sticking" to you (so to speak) and actually turns off any potential mates on a subconscious animalisitc aspect.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:50 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,017,456 times
Dallas women try harder.
It's the culture - there are a lot of tight shirts and waxed eyebrows in Dallas, and that's just the guys..

Old 05-26-2009, 07:51 AM

339 posts, read 1,435,761 times
Well said, Canine Castle.

I think the majority of women in Dallas really pride themselves on their appearance, working out/staying fit, dressing with the trends, etc. Presenting oneself well and "putting on your face" is pretty common here, regardless of one's physical beauty or lack of it. I'd describe most Dallas women as liking to be well put-together.

And like any other big city, there's more than a fair share of totally plastic-y, superficial Barbie doll types that some men would certainly describe as 'hot'. But Dallas can definitely brag about its natural beauties, and in my travels I've found that we do indeed grow them 'purty' round these parts.

That said, before I was married I found dating here a breeze--and I'm no supermodel. Ultimately quality men want a woman with a good personality that they can take home to Mother (cause Dallas boys love their mamas) and as long as you shun the areas that attract the vapid--and it's not that hard to avoid these spots-- you needn't be the perfect female specimen to snag a date. I can't see a reason to ever be intimidated by our genepool.

While it never hurts to be easy on the eyes, confidence goes a long way. If you want a $14 martini and to only hang with the beautiful people, you may find yourself judged regardless. 'Cause they'll always be someone prettier. But find the real Texan men and it's a-ok. (And really, in my experience many women in Dallas dress/groom for other women as much as for men...guys don't really notice the eyelash extensions and the Prada shoes!)

Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM

702 posts, read 2,722,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Dallas women try harder.
It's the culture - there are a lot of tight shirts and waxed eyebrows in Dallas, and that's just the guys..
so true.. espeically with the downtown crowd! I'll take the Loon, Idle Rich, Blackfriar, or any other normal bar over something that's 'trendy.'

Old 05-26-2009, 11:28 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,718 times
Quote:
San Diego's are plastic; ours are just well-bred. But EVERY woman is not hot and even an average or less than average woman can be very successful in the Dallas dating scene if she has a good personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas