Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM

24 posts, read 44,205 times

Advertisements

Can I get a definition of what y'all think of as "Seniors"? As a refugee from Silicon Valley, seniors are anyone 38 and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,712 times
Default Stonebridge in McKinney, TX

[quote=nanomatrix;9277307]Thanks for the replies.

We didn't get a chance to look at Stonbridge in Mckinney, but online it looks like there is a lot of property avialable. I know there are a lot of it is zero lot line properties in there but is it the kind of place that will hold its value in the current market?

I live in Stonebridge in McKinney. It is a beautiful place and you can find a home in almost any price range. But...there are a lot of kids in this area. (It not as bad as some of the posts I read about Frisco.) There are people of all ages in this community. Stonebridge is known as a very nice community and I believe the homes maintain their value very well. Our home has increased in value over the last 5 yrs. even in this economy. There are two very nice country clubs in this area. My husband plays golf there each weekend. They each have a pool. There are also two large community pools. One is a very large pool with a sandy beach around half of the pool and a splash pad for the kids. (Stonebridge Beach and Tennis Club) In one area of Stonebridge, they are building a replica of a Croatian village. (Stonebridge Dr. and Virginia Pkwy.) There are many large stone buildings that have varies shops such as Starbucks, UPS store, bank, florist, restaurant, etc. Some of it is complete and some of it is still being built. There are several lakes in Stonebridge and one with a large fountain in the center. There are many sidewalks that making walking or jogging very convenient. Stonebridge is definitely worth checking out even if you don't want to live here.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 AM

10 posts, read 53,786 times
Thank you for all the replies.

Deb, we're going to take another look at Stonebridge the next time we fly out.

Brookside, Lakewooder
Thanks for the suggestion. I have managed to find some interesting properties the Lakewood area online. One thing I have noticed is the lower ceiling height in the older homes. If you've lived in anything with 10' to 12' ceilings these older homes can feel a bit claustrophobic.

As far as the kitchen goes I don’t mind replacing cabinets or counters to get the work space we need. I just don’t want to be knocking out walls.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanomatrix View Post
Thank you for all the replies.

Deb, we're going to take another look at Stonebridge the next time we fly out.

Brookside, Lakewooder
Thanks for the suggestion. I have managed to find some interesting properties the Lakewood area online. One thing I have noticed is the lower ceiling height in the older homes. If you've lived in anything with 10' to 12' ceilings these older homes can feel a bit claustrophobic.

As far as the kitchen goes I don’t mind replacing cabinets or counters to get the work space we need. I just don’t want to be knocking out walls.
It must depend on truely how old these homes are and where they are located. We lived in Lewisville, home built in 1987 and we had the high, graduated ceilings, our daughter lives in Highland SHores, samething, her house was built in 88, high ceilings and we had them in our rental, before we bought, home was the 70s brand, high ceilings...

Nita

Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
I live in a 1916 Craftsman Bungalow and it has 10' ceilings.

A lot of folks open up the ceilings (especially in dens/family rooms) in the ranch homes. They don't do that too much in the one-store Tudors because the attics are tall enough to add a couple of bedrooms. Some of the really large old Lakewood/Swiss Ave. mansions have fairly tall ceilings and a 'step-down' into the living room from the foyer/front staircase.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM

10 posts, read 27,720 times
Default What about something like this?

Have you considered patio homes? There are some adorable ones, traditional styles with new construction. Might fit the kitchen requirements. Here's an idea:

3718 Patience Blvd Dallas, Tx 75236 - Dallas Real Estate, Fort Worth Real Estate, Texas Real Estate, Dallas Properties, Fort Worth Properties, Texas Properties, Dallas Homes, Fort Worth Homes, Texas Homes, Dallas Houses, Fort Worth Houses, Texas Hous

Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,350 times
were can a person find a 55+ active communitity thats affortable in Dallas Area

Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout3 View Post
Can I get a definition of what y'all think of as "Seniors"? As a refugee from Silicon Valley, seniors are anyone 38 and over.
58 years old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas