Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:35 AM

64 posts, read 237,838 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever taken this riverboat cruise? I'm going on April 30th and was wondering if anyone had any comments on it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
It is located on Lake Ray Hubbard right off of Dalrock on a small peninsula w/ Robertson Park. I've never been on it but know a few that have. I think it is mostly for parties or special events. Located next door to the boat is a place called Weekends (http://www.weekendsrestaurant.com/bands.htm) (broken link). Been there a few times. If you have time afterwards and want to hang out and listen to some live music you can go over there. They have two "bars" & restaurants now w/ Weekends and Boot Scoot & BBQ (http://www.bootscootandbbq.com/) (broken link). There is a large marina right there and during the summer you will see people get off their boats and come in for a bite to eat or drink. Sorry I can't help you out too much about the Texas Queen since I've never been on it. It does just go across the lake and back. Across the lake from the dock where it is there is the new development in Rockwall that has several restaurants, movie theater, shops and a marina. Back on the other side of the lake in Garland is the new Bass Pro Shop and several restaurants there. Have fun on the boat and let us know how it is.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:22 PM

17 posts, read 78,897 times
I was on the Texas Queen about 3 years ago for a party my husband's company had on it.

That night, the airconditioner was out, & it was a hot, humid night.

I had to behave because my husband's employer was hosting the party. But I was so miserable, I contemplated jumping overboard, & taking my chances SWIMMING back to shore.

It was the LONGEST cruise of my life! You can bet I was the first one off the boat when it finally docked. I hope you have a better experience.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:10 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,060 times
I guarantee you I've had worse cruises..... But then I was in the Navy.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,768 times
So, how was it? Was this one just a cruise, or did they have the murder mystery show as well?

Old 05-03-2007, 01:08 AM

64 posts, read 237,838 times
I misspoke. It wasn't the Texas Queen, it was the Foxy Roxy. The Texas Queen was docked there but it didn't look like it had seen any action in quite a while. The Foxy Roxy was a much smaller sail boat that seated about six people plus the crew, if it was full. On monday April 30th, the weather was ominous and there had been thunderstorms and a lot of wind all day. Captain Randy called me and told me he was considering cancelling the trip. I was a little dissapointed as I was only in town for four days and was looking forward to the sail. A couple of hours later Randy called me and said let's do it. No one else showed up but me for our 3:30 sail and I felt guilty about going out with just me, but Captain Randy and his mate Marshall made me feel welcome. We went out just the three of us and before long the sky cleared and the sun broke through. We talked about the lake, Texas, the war, fishing off of Montauk, and this web site. They didn't have to take me out, but they did. It was Texas hospitality at its best. I'll write more about my brief vacation in Dallas, but this one is for Captain Randy and the Foxy Roxy sail boat. Check it out if you get the chance. It is well worth the money.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 15,580 times
I have been on the texas queen and it was a wonderful experience. for our cruise we only circled Lake Ray Hubbard but that was only due to my father getting sea sick!!!! I swear I'm not joking!!!!! Anyways at that time it was mostly music and dancing and for us kids a scavenger hunt which lasted most of the night. Anyways it remains still in my mind one of the best cruises ever I have taken though I have been on the riverboat many a times. It has been recently renovated thus the nonaction and has been moved from what I can gather now but I advise anyone to take a trip. It's an experience you won't forget!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:02 AM

4 posts, read 18,268 times
Default Your Texas Queen review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniaRene View Post
I have been on the texas queen and it was a wonderful experience. for our cruise we only circled Lake Ray Hubbard but that was only due to my father getting sea sick!!!! I swear I'm not joking!!!!! Anyways at that time it was mostly music and dancing and for us kids a scavenger hunt which lasted most of the night. Anyways it remains still in my mind one of the best cruises ever I have taken though I have been on the riverboat many a times. It has been recently renovated thus the nonaction and has been moved from what I can gather now but I advise anyone to take a trip. It's an experience you won't forget!!!!!!
Monia Rene -
I have been trying to find a website for the Texas Queen as we are going to Texas very soon and would like to book the cruise. Do you have any information on this cruise or the ship including a website, etc. so that I can try to contact them and set it up. It sounds like you had a good time as opposed to others who wrote bad reviews and we have been on many dinner/lunch cruises in different states and enjoy doing that as part of our vacation itinerary therefore, anything you can provide me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
NOT that I am promoting this--but it was the one I kept getting info hits on...

Lake Ray Hubbard Boat and Watercraft Rentals
Dinner cruise on Lake Ray Hubbard | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Cooking tips | Food | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/taste/stories/DN-nf_dinnercruise_0723liv.State.Edition1.4d8259d.htm l - broken link)
Sail with Scott LLC - Â* SeawolfÂ*is about getting you sailing on Lake Ray Hubbard the easiest, fastest, most enjoyable,Â*and least expensiveÂ*way.Â* Seawolf is a 40 foot wooden Catamaran Sailboat, $25 per person forÂ*1 &Â*3/4 hour sail. You can brin

this is for the Texas Queen but not sure if it is current--site looks not so well managed
http://www.ohwy.com/tx/t/theteque.htm
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...wall-BR-1.html

it may have moved--found this
http://www.shane-arts.com/txqueen.htm
then this--which should solve the question since it was posted recently
http://www.foodry.com/restaurant/Tex...wall-TX/173187

http://local.yahoo.com/neighbors/tx/...een-riverboat/
this one seems to be more confusing because it sounds on one post like it is still inoperation
maybe call the one where it is a mystery dinner cruise and see if it is still viable...

Last edited by loves2read; 07-10-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 07-10-2010, 08:23 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,612,395 times
The last I heard on the Texas Queen - the guy that owns the marina off of Dalrock Road and I-30 bought the Texas Queen from the former owner and pretty much has retired her. To my knowledge, it is no longer being booked for dinner cruises, but is berthed at his marina. I don't know if there are plans to start cruising again or not. I've heard that she may be in need of substantial repair, but this is a rumor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas