Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 04:33 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I don't know, dew points in the 70s is pretty darn uncomfortable, even if it is <100 degrees. Here in Austin, with our seemingly endless triple-digit days and drought, we are at least getting merciful dew points in the high 50s during the afternoon... which I much prefer. As long as there is shade.

For example, right now weather.com has our dew point at 58 deg, humidity 26%, and 99 degrees. Austin/Bergstrom AFB Weather Forecast and Conditions Texas

Dallas is 72 deg dew point (probably because of wet weather) - Dallas Weather Forecast and Conditions Texas

And Houston has a dew point of 68 deg (comfortable by their standards) - Houston Weather Forecast and Conditions Texas
I know; I agree. It's terrible and very uncomfortable. It honestly feels like a sauna outside where I live south of Dallas with a temperature of 77, humidity 82%, and a dew point of 71. The heat index is only 79 but I can assure you it's miserable.

The triple digits are terrible too, so I guess it's just a matter of picking one's poison and deciding what's worse. Personally, it's all uncomfortable to me. As I said though, the poster must have totally been kidding with the description of Dallas and the women. Ha! I think not.

I am pleased with the cloudy and rainy skies even though I feel like I'm on a tropical island without the beach and scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I know; I agree. It's terrible and very uncomfortable. It honestly feels like a sauna outside where I live south of Dallas with a temperature of 77, humidity 82%, and a dew point of 71. The heat index is only 79 but I can assure you it's miserable.

The triple digits are terrible too, so I guess it's just a matter of picking one's poison and deciding what's worse. Personally, it's all uncomfortable to me. As I said though, the poster must have totally been kidding with the description of Dallas and the women. Ha! I think not.

I am pleased with the cloudy and rainy skies even though I feel like I'm on a tropical island without the beach and scenery.
I am getting tired of not being able to go outside without being hot and sweaty. Can't even go for a walk. Again cooped up inside, except running to the car with AC then into the store with AC, back to car with AC... still by the time I get home I am hot. Even cleaning the house with the air cranked, I am sweaty.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I am getting tired of not being able to go outside without being hot and sweaty. Can't even go for a walk. Again cooped up inside, except running to the car with AC then into the store with AC, back to car with AC... still by the time I get home I am hot. Even cleaning the house with the air cranked, I am sweaty.
That is very true. I may as well kiss summer goodbye as far as being productive. I painted the inside of my patio door and the paint dried so quickly, it was ridiculous. Therefore and even after three coats, I'm not pleased with the streaks, but some of that is the perfectionist coming out in me. Grrrr! The 4th coat will be applied when the weather is decent. Needless to say, I couldn't paint the outside of the door. I'm short on energy when it's so hot as well and definitely have a shorter fuse than normally. Just sitting here at the computer, I'm sweating. Oh well, it will pass in about 2 1/2 months.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
You have no clue about Colorado.
Right. I have 40 years experience of the ENTIRE state. I have already pointed
Out in other posts your own errors about the state . Just like your misconceptions of Dallas and Arkansas

FYI, it was in the 90's today in Denver.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:58 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Out in other posts your own errors about the state . Just like your misconceptions of Dallas and Arkansas

I tried for years to teach my dog how to bake a cake, mow the lawn but all he can do is sit, stay, fetch and bring in the paper. My expectations were too high.. but after all he is just a dog and that's all he wil ever be.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 PM

78 posts, read 193,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

Maybe Alzheimers has set in? I lived in Colorado for about 15 years and have debated on going back. 90 in Denver with 34% humidity is comfortable vs 90 in Texas with 70% humidity. The difference is you can hit the shade in Denver and drop a few degrees. In Texas it is just as hot in the shade. You really can't compare the two states. Colorado is health conscious. Texas is a leader in obesity. I would have said it was laziness when I lived in Colorado for why Texans are so fat. But living here, it is simply because no one wants to be active in 100 degree heat plus the eating habits here are kind of poor.

As for Parks, Cheeseman Park does not get active until after dark . Amusement Parks in Colorado? Are you serious? There aren't any. Some may call themselves an Amusement Park but please. I doubt if the locals go there. I think they are meant for tourist. You can't compare those to a Six Flags except for maybe the terrible food.

Now if you want to compare something, maybe golf courses? We would golf any time of day in Denver. In Texas, I would guess most people go for an early tee times or not at all. Then again, golfers can be die hards and put up with the heat. I have driven by a lot of golf courses mid afternoon here and they seem a little light.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:11 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarPlayr View Post
Maybe Alzheimers has set in? I lived in Colorado for about 15 years and have debated on going back. 90 in Denver with 34% humidity is comfortable vs 90 in Texas with 70% humidity. The difference is you can hit the shade in Denver and drop a few degrees. In Texas it is just as hot in the shade. You really can't compare the two states. Colorado is health conscious. Texas is a leader in obesity. I would have said it was laziness when I lived in Colorado for why Texans are so fat. But living here, it is simply because no one wants to be active in 100 degree heat plus the eating habits here are kind of poor.

As for Parks, Cheeseman Park does not get active until after dark . Amusement Parks in Colorado? Are you serious? There aren't any. Some may call themselves an Amusement Park but please. I doubt if the locals go there. I think they are meant for tourist. You can't compare those to a Six Flags except for maybe the terrible food.

Now if you want to compare something, maybe golf courses? We would golf any time of day in Denver. In Texas, I would guess most people go for an early tee times or not at all. Then again, golfers can be die hards and put up with the heat. I have driven by a lot of golf courses mid afternoon here and they seem a little light.
Very true. Living in Texas is the pitts, especially in the summer!!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:29 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Can I ask two questions to all the complainers about Texas weather (we know who you are because your complaints come often):

(1) Why don't you move to some place where you will be happier with the weather?

(2) Do you consider yourself a complainer about a lot of things...instead of someone that finds and enjoys the good things in life?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Can I ask two questions to all the complainers about Texas weather (we know who you are because your complaints come often):

(1) Why don't you move to some place where you will be happier with the weather?

(2) Do you consider yourself a complainer about a lot of things...instead of someone that finds and enjoys the good things in life?
1. If one would like to move, sometimes that is easier said than done. If money were no object, I'm sure some would leave the heat and move to a climate that was more comfortable.

2. If you read my posts, you will see that from late October to early May, I'm pretty satisfied with the weather. In fact, I love cold winters and always hope for the colder the better. I love cloudy and rainy days, but I love sunshine as well. I just don't like the hot and / or humid days.

I've read posts from native Texans complain (your word) about the cloudy days considering them yucky, dreary, boring, or the winters being too cold at times. No one calls that complaining. Hmmm...strange!! If anyone comments negatively about the heat, they should be treated the same as anyone who comments negatively about the clouds and rainy days. After all, you'll find both in Texas. It's just one of those things...some like it hot, some like it cold.

You specified Texas weather complainers. You might want to hunt down the ones who profess loving the heat but not the cold and rainy days but the "bring out the sunshine" Texans. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:04 AM

184 posts, read 551,763 times
I also have two questions:

(1) Why is it that anytime anybody says they don't like something that has anything to do with Texas some people take it as a personal offense and suggest that everybody get out?? Seriously?

(2) Why would somebody choose as their onscreen username the slang word for a woman's vulva?? I can just hear the redneck accent coming in through the computer speakers. Especially when said person was complaining about the women not showing enough skin around town

Who said it wasn't possible to stay classy in 100 degree heat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas