Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 AM

13 posts, read 36,391 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please suggest a website that is user friendly for looking at rental properties in Dallas? The few I have tried seem very labor intensive with little results. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
TOS rules prohibit any of us from posting real estate related websites other than realtor.com.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
craigs list has mainly homes for sale
but realtor.com does have listings
you can search for terms like property mgmt Dallas TX and see what comes up

Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 PM

333 posts, read 1,021,512 times
If you do a yahoo or google search for "dfw home rental" you should be able to pull up some good ones.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Realtor.com is the only reliable site to list ALL listings in the MLS. You can find other colorful sites but you would take the chance that the information is outdated or not all listings are on there.

Naima

Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,564 times
Doesn't realtor.com make you register? I used to use that site and personally did not like it. If I recall, those sites are limited and once you register, you get "bugged" by a realtor (good if you need one, bad if you are browsing). Maybe it was just my experience.

IMO: Is the reason you can't use anything but realtor.com because they are a sponsor? I'm not a realtor just a consumer and I feel you should be able to recommend anyone you wish on this site. It is a little like someone wanting a dining recommendation and only being able to give them "McDonalds". It's not helpful and the point of this forum is to be a resource.

Last edited by catluvr; 12-02-2009 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM

159 posts, read 277,587 times
I use realtor.com all the time and I only registered because I wanted to save some of the listings but it's not a requirement in order to view properties. I used it for months before ever registering to it. It's a great site for rental listings. Just make sure you click on rental, set your price and bedrooms and you are good to go. By far the best website to use. Sometimes craigslist will have listings other than what's on realtor.com but they don't usually have pictures of the house which is the main reason for using realtor.com.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
Doesn't realtor.com make you register? I used to use that site and personally did not like it. If I recall, those sites are limited and once you register, you get "bugged" by a realtor (good if you need one, bad if you are browsing). Maybe it was just my experience.

IMO: Is the reason you can't use anything but realtor.com because they are a sponsor? I'm not a realtor just a consumer and I feel you should be able to recommend anyone you wish on this site. It is a little like someone wanting a dining recommendation and only being able to give them "McDonalds". It's not helpful and the point of this forum is to be a resource.
Realtor.com is owned by NAR (National Association of Realtors) and us Realtors pay for it. They are not a sponsor. They are not limited, you can search anything you want as long as the listing agent is a Realtor (not just a Real Estate Agent). They also don't require that you register and even if you did, the information stays on the site, it doesn't get sold to Realtors where you get bugged to death.

The other reason I stated that Realtor.com is the most accurate site is because if I listed a house, I can opt that the house not be listed on other companies websites or agents sites. So as a consumer you may miss out on listings if you look elsewhere.

Naima

Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 AM

15 posts, read 37,649 times
I just found an amazing rental property (home) in Dallas and it took 5 days. I called a local relator who works with a nationally recognized brand and he provided me with 20-30 properties to check out. He sent me a link with pics, price, maps, etc etc. I narrowed it down to the ones I wanted to look at, took a day trip and found a place that afternoon.

Just telling you this because my suggesstion is to call someone up there at a real estate office and tell them what you're looking for. They will tehn email you a list of properties available, that fall into your criteria. A lot of people don't think to go to these companies for rentals, but the realtor actually receives a nice check from the property owner if he rents you a place and it's of no cost to you. This will be the 2nd time I have used a national realty company when finding a property to rent.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
However, if you are looking for a property owned by an individual (who may or may not be more generous on terms or qualifications) craigslist is probably best. We have many of those in the East Dallas area. One problem with craigslist is that it has been overwhelmed by apartment managment and locators.

Just be a little more specific in your search terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas