Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times

Advertisements

I eat mostly organic but have never been particularly burdened by having to read the labels to see what is organic vs non-organic. A good rule to follow is to buy in season - why anyone would be buying strawberries right now and want organic?...I have no idea. And...sometimes you want a certain green that is organic - I know I can find organic dandelion greens at Whole Foods, but probably not anywhere else, so also depends on how specific your needs might be.

You might join an organic coop if you don't mind that the selection is often slim - I quit the one I was in after getting too many pears, pototoes and onions shipment after shipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 04:41 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,558,230 times
One of the many area farmers markets might be your best bet...but I don't think any of them are purely organic.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Quote:
I quit the one I was in after getting too many pears, pototoes and onions shipment after shipment.
Same here

Old 01-16-2011, 06:18 PM

148 posts, read 307,700 times
natural grocers in richardson

Old 01-16-2011, 08:09 PM

372 posts, read 710,718 times
I saw a raw milk sign some time ago on Spring Creek Road over in East Plano by the community college. It was on a split rail fence. Anyone in east Plano area can run by and get the number? I might be making my track out that way in a few days. If I do, I will go by the sign and write down the number.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 AM

22 posts, read 50,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typertec View Post
I'm brand new at Whole Foods. Not all their fruits & vegetables are organic right?

I noticed that some, not all, of their produce is labeled "organic" (e.g. they will have a small stock of strawberries and label it "organic strawberries $X.XX" and then next to it they will have another stock of strawberries and label it "strawberries $X.XX" where the organic ones will cost more.

If I want to buy organic fruits & vegetables, doesn't that mean I can/need to choose only the ones that are labeled organic? If that's the case, their non-organic labeled foods are so expensive so why would anyone want to pay more than going to a regular grocery store?
Hi friend, Whole Foods is awesome but I agree too overpriced for me most of the times. Sprouts has much cheaper produce and the big sale is on Wednesdays, when 2 different sales overlap. That's the day to buy. Sprouts and most organic food stores do sell both organic and regular, but you can't really blame them, they're just trying to stay in business. So yes you'll see both, but Wed at Sprouts is your best bet.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Quote:
Hi friend, Whole Foods is awesome but I agree too overpriced for me most of the times. Sprouts has much cheaper produce and the big sale is on Wednesdays, when 2 different sales overlap. That's the day to buy. Sprouts and most organic food stores do sell both organic and regular, but you can't really blame them, they're just trying to stay in business. So yes you'll see both, but Wed at Sprouts is your best bet.
Agreed...and if you are closer to downtown Newflower Market is your best bet (basically a Sprouts knockoff with the same setup, double ad day, etc.)

It is off Henderson near 75

Old 01-17-2011, 11:18 AM

217 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Central Market also has a pretty good selection of organic produce, meats and packaged goods. They sell non-organic stuff as well but it's all clearly labeled. As far as raw milk:

Where Can I Find Real (Raw) Milk?

Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM

269 posts, read 863,693 times
The Natural Grocers in the old Whole Foods location at Forest and Preston sells only organic produce. I don't think that everything in the store is 100% organic, but overall they are very green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas