Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 09:00 AM

13 posts, read 44,001 times

Advertisements

I'm having virus issues with my laptop and blue screen issues with my desktop. Can anyone suggest a computer repair tech? I live in the Grand Prairie Arlington area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
I used someone in colleyville area--local guy--not Best Buy/Fry's set up
took in my hard drive and he found 16 viruses on it
paid 89 plus tax and got it back in couple of days

my son was having problems with his hard drive--told him about this place--he called and guy seemed knowledgeable and said he could have it by Monday--my son took it on Saturday around noon--

price I was quoted was $89 for however long it takes/whatever they had to do--which I thought was great...
my son got that--but they had to work on his computer more than one day and replace some of the hardware...
he knew that if they replaced the harddrive after saving files it would cost more but he thought they would call him before making changes--his bill was more than 200--and they did not call...

so I would not necessarily recommend this place and if I use him again I would definitely get firm quote in writing and make them call before spending lot of time...

Old 02-14-2010, 08:50 AM

Thank you for responding.....I did find a place which quoted me the same price of 89...which I thougt was a good deal but when I picked up my computer I quickly realized it wasnt mine. The computer they gave me back had scratches on the top like they use it as a puck in a hockey game. There were also other cosmetic issues I noticed. I took the serial number off the back to do some research and the computer was registered under my name but I dont remember regestering my computer.

I'm still in the process of trying to prove that this is not my computer.....of course I refused to pay for his services which he didnt care because he has an almost brand new computer for a banged up one.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
that is a bad deal--
do you have any of your proof of sale info--that often has the SN of the electronics

Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM

198 posts, read 502,053 times
Brownsugah can you please pm who that was I need need someone reputable to work on two laptops of mine...and I want to make sure I dont use that thief...

Old 03-01-2010, 08:01 PM

Lovestoread....the only proof I have is from my bank statment because Circuit City is out of business....what I did find out is that they have my computer registered a couple of days before I purchased the computer....I dont know if that enough proof to prove the comp isnt mine in court

The repair shop is called Arlington Computer repair on 2222 Bowen Rd

I did find a repair shop in the shopping plaza near park road....which they seem to be really honest but they seem to be a little expensive to me

Old 03-01-2010, 08:08 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,132,455 times
I had a similar issue with a place on Garland Rd. in east Dallas....it was something like $50 for a diagnostic, but the guy said not to get that since the problem seemed to be the dard drive and could me a new one for 70 bucks. So I did that and too was thrilled. Then I got home, it worked for two days and I had the same problem. I suppose I could have paid for the diagnostic or taken it back, but I figured it wasn't worth it, the laptop was 3 years old, so I got a new one. I can't recommend this place, so if anyone knows any good computer place I too would like to knw for future reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas