Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM

8 posts, read 56,969 times

Advertisements

Hello I will be going to Dallas/FTW in 2 weeks, and I have no idea what it will be like. Has anyone been through the traing for American Airlines. I will be doing 3 weeks of customer service and 1 week bags. But I have never been to dallas so I have a million questions about dallas and the training.

1) Is the hotel nice?
2) is there a place to use the internet for free if I do not have a laptop?
3) is the food good, and do you eat whenever or do you get vouchers?
4) how many hours are the training a day? Is it 5 days or 6 days a week?
5) do we get to explore the city or are we stuck at the campus the full month
6) is the campus open for guest? ( I have a friend who lives in dallas, can she come to the room and hang out swim and whatever)
7) do they provide transertation or trips around the city?

I guess any info you can provide me would be great. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 07:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
frankly I don't think you read the info you got from the HR dept--surely they sent something

the training for AA is probably taking place close to the AA office park/center which is just south of the airport itself and not in Dallas proper--
it is more like north Arlington, south Euless...
the hotels in that area--if that is where you are staying--are older and probably not very glam
there is no public transportation so you won't be able to get around without access to a car

Old 02-19-2010, 10:27 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,757,464 times
I agree. How are we supposed to answer these questions? This is something that AA should be providing.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:12 PM

LOVES 2 READ and TXTOAL.....well I agree with you, AA should have provided this info but the reason why they have not is because they are waiting for the background info to get back. Not to mention I am at a small airport and so things are not as easy to access the info like you may in dallas. So all I was asking is if anyone else has gone through the training. And just wanted to know if they could give me information before AA because i am excited to know now.

the training for AA is probably taking place close to the AA office park/center which is just south of the airport itself and not in Dallas proper--
it is more like north Arlington, south Euless...
the hotels in that area--if that is where you are staying--are older and probably not very glam
there is no public transportation so you won't be able to get around without access to a car

And the info about the Hotel was a good response and I am 99% sure thats where I will be going. I wish there was public transpertation though but thank you.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
you are fairly close to the TRE station that feeds (supposedly) DFW airport--but if there is a bus from the TRE station to DFW airport I did not see evidence of it at this map site

Trinity Railway Express (TRE) Map
this link is to the "kiss and ride" passenger pu/drop off route--I think...it says it makes stops at two hotels in area, goes by the AA training center and AA headquarters and the TRE station--

The T | Fort Worth Transportation Authority | Fort Worth, TX - Route 30

using TRE rail you can get into downtown FTW/Sundance Sq area where there are plenty of clubs/restaurants/some w/live music--but beware of the schedule hours--it is certainly possible to miss the last train and be left at any station along the route--and check the schedule for the kiss/drop bus as well--it would not surprise me to find out that it is almost impossible to use the TRE later on weekends and have the bus take you to your hotel (if it is one of the two on the loop route)...
looks like that LOOP BUS runs only during the week and last route starts at 6PM--so it would not do you any good on weekends or at night to go into FTW/Dallas--maybe someone in your class staying at hotel will have a car...

and TRE also runs into Dallas to the AA Center (think Mavs games) station -- which is close to DART station and bus stops and walkable for certain parts of Dallas

you just would not have easy access to any parts of the Euless/Arlington area itself --or probably to places like a grocery store--there is a bank located on the loop -- Chase Bank--though--so you might could start a local account there...

glad you are excited about your new job--hope it lives up to expectations...

Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM

48 posts, read 257,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstimpert View Post
Hello I will be going to Dallas/FTW in 2 weeks, and I have no idea what it will be like. Has anyone been through the traing for American Airlines. I will be doing 3 weeks of customer service and 1 week bags. But I have never been to dallas so I have a million questions about dallas and the training.

1) Is the hotel nice?
2) is there a place to use the internet for free if I do not have a laptop?
3) is the food good, and do you eat whenever or do you get vouchers?
4) how many hours are the training a day? Is it 5 days or 6 days a week?
5) do we get to explore the city or are we stuck at the campus the full month
6) is the campus open for guest? ( I have a friend who lives in dallas, can she come to the room and hang out swim and whatever)
7) do they provide transertation or trips around the city?

I guess any info you can provide me would be great. Thanks...

I did go to the below center for a training but it was not for American Airlines.

American Airlines Training & Conference Center
4501 Highway 360,
South Fort Worth, TX 76155

If you are referring to the above location, then below are some answers that might help you.

I did not stay there but some of my classmates did and they were happy with the hotel. Also, there are desktop computers that you could use for internet browsing and if you have your own laptop, then wireless connectivity is available as well.

I was provided a voucher for lunch (part of the training package) and the cafeteria was good. You have Burgers, Salad, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Deserts, etc, so I dont think you will have an issue with the quality of food. Also, we were provided snacks throughout the training and is typically set up in the hallway for convenience.

Overall, the training center and logistics was very good and I did not have any complaints.

Hope you have a good time in training.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:11 AM

Default thank you to everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by househunter1970 View Post
I did go to the below center for a training but it was not for American Airlines.

American Airlines Training & Conference Center
4501 Highway 360,
South Fort Worth, TX 76155

If you are referring to the above location, then below are some answers that might help you.

I did not stay there but some of my classmates did and they were happy with the hotel. Also, there are desktop computers that you could use for internet browsing and if you have your own laptop, then wireless connectivity is available as well.

I was provided a voucher for lunch (part of the training package) and the cafeteria was good. You have Burgers, Salad, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Deserts, etc, so I dont think you will have an issue with the quality of food. Also, we were provided snacks throughout the training and is typically set up in the hallway for convenience.

Overall, the training center and logistics was very good and I did not have any complaints.

Hope you have a good time in training.
I think this will help thank you. I am just kind of excited to go. But a little nervous you know.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 14,072 times
Did u go to the training for the AA csa?please share your experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas