Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 12,005 times

Advertisements

HELP from anyone knowing anything about, WAXAHCHIE, Texas.

Been in Texas for a few years now. Said I would give Texas one more year of my life. Lol. I have an honor roll student. Single. Would like to meet a few cool friends. No druggies, molesters, abusers, creeps and so on. Been researching for days about the "Lofts" of Waxa. Wow. elusive as bigfoot. But a loft. scenic walking trails, fishing, swimming in the lake sound alright. Looking to go back to school. I was told that at some point there was a coca cola botteling company in town. Coverted to lofts. Know anything about this? About any lofts? fun spots. Stay away spots. Advice please? Sounds cool that Dallas and all of it's fun spots will be near. Just let me know. In's. Outs. Funs. Peaple. The elusive lofts in town. I'm single. Still young. Have a great child. Like to have fun. To a point. The parks. How great are they? Anything. everything. Lay it on me. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:28 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Waxahachie
Quote:
Waxahachie, the county seat of Ellis County, is on Interstate Highway 35E and U.S. Highway 287, thirty miles south of Dallas in the central part of the county. The name comes from an Indian word meaning "cow" or "buffalo" and is also the name of a local creek.
Also, Travel Tex

There's more at the links....

Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,762,350 times
My folks lived in Waxahachie for several years. They moved away about 2 or 3 years ago. They never really liked it there. They said they found it to be very unfriendly to outsiders, but I think much of it was their own fault. It might have been different if they'd had kids that were involved in school, so they were forced to get out and become involved. They didn't go to church there, because they just drove back to their old church in a neighboring town, so they never really had a chance to get to know people. When you isolate yourself in your house all day, people don't just coming knocking on your door.

I have been in some loft condo's that were downtown, just off the square. Not sure if they are the ones your speaking of, but I can't imagine there being many loft condos there. A family friend lived there for a while. It was really a cool place.

I personally always liked it there. There was lots of cool shops and cafes around the square. I always enjoyed going there.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 984 times
YES - the people of Waxahachie are VERY unfriendly to outsiders. We have lived here 3 years. we have tried to become involved in the city activities that promote Waxahachie. The towns people that grew up here have fought with us the entire time. We have an historic house and have restored it to period appropriate interior. We get nothing but grief from the "old" Waxahachie guard. Very unfriendly!!! "This is not the way we do things in Waxahachie" seems to be the most used phrase in town. The city planners want to became the "next Frisco". Good luck with that - I don't see it happening with the attitude towards outsiders.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:09 AM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times
My stepdaughter’s adult daughter moved from Wax to Midlothian because Midlothian’s schools are better. Have you looked at the nice loft apartments in downtown Grapevine? Here’s a couple right in the downtown area.

https://www.925mainstreet.com/#

https://apartments.naproperties.com/...ments/location

Old 11-17-2018, 12:36 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxahachie View Post
YES - the people of Waxahachie are VERY unfriendly to outsiders. We have lived here 3 years. we have tried to become involved in the city activities that promote Waxahachie. The towns people that grew up here have fought with us the entire time. We have an historic house and have restored it to period appropriate interior. We get nothing but grief from the "old" Waxahachie guard. Very unfriendly!!! "This is not the way we do things in Waxahachie" seems to be the most used phrase in town. The city planners want to became the "next Frisco". Good luck with that - I don't see it happening with the attitude towards outsiders.
Waxahachie is still growing at a reasonable rate. The current population is 35,000, compared to 21,000 in 2000.

Frisco grew too fast. It is now at 181,000, compared with 34,000 in 2000 and 6,000 in 1990. That is absurd growth. Frisco should be maxing out at maybe 50,000. Going from 6,000 to 50,000 in 28 years is pretty big growth.

I think it is a good thing to be hostile to outsiders and limit growth. Unchecked growth causes numerous problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas