Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 04:10 PM

25 posts, read 60,548 times

Advertisements

Just started looking. LOVE what I am finding in Star Creek Community. We have a 3 and 5 year old and I am a stay-at-home Mom. Clubhouse/Pool/Social kid-friendly community is a must. That being said our price range is $300K and below. Is that possible in Star Creek? Also reading excellent reviews on Kerr Elementary based on blogs and schooldigger.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 04:11 PM

* Allen Texes

Old 05-20-2010, 04:28 PM

19 posts, read 96,084 times
Yes, it is possible in star creek....sort of. There is a section of star creek that has homes priced right at the 300K range. Problem is that they are on tiny 50 ft lots with essentially zero backyard and all surround a pretty big power substation. I cant say that it would be Ideal for someone with Kids your age, but they sell very quickly and seem popular. Most of the other areas of star creek are in the 350k to 450k price range as far as I can tell. Are you looking a the "older sections or the newer sections? Star creek has 4 phases. Phases 1 and 2 are on the west side of the creek and have been established for a few years. Phases 3 and 4 are on the east side of the creek nearer to the outlet mall. I recently moved to star creek phase 3 in January '10. We were the first ones to live on our street. We like it and would love to welcome you as a neighbor!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM

161 posts, read 725,565 times
Default STAR CREEK - Schools

Dear Suggestions,

* you might be able to snag a re-sale in StarCreek in the low $300's

* you might not be aware of how high property taxes can be in DFW area

* Allen tax rate is 2.42 - approx. $8,000 on a $350,000 house

* StarCreek was just re-zoned and kids will be going to a brand new elementary school this fall - called Cheatam Elementary

* Go to Allen ISD website for school boundaries - Allen Independent School District

Hope that helps.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:03 AM

37 posts, read 125,977 times
Your selection is going to be very, very slim at that price point in Star Creek (I've only seen one house for sale below 300). Certainly not anything new (even on the smaller lots by the power station.

As for elementary schools - the new school (Cheatham) I'm confident will be every bit as good or better than Kerr. We've heard the new principle is excellent, and in general the elementary schools around her are all exemplary.

You may want to check in Quail Run, which is just south of Star Creek. I suspect that you may find a few more homes in your price range there.

But you're correct, the area and schools here are excellent!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 AM

583 posts, read 2,633,946 times
If you drive just a bit further (abut 10 minutes) there is Stonebridge Ranch. You can 100% find homes under 300K in Wren Creek, Aspendale, Mayberry, & Ridgecrest (technically not in SBR, but streets feed into it). You will find the same house style & amenities as Star Creek. Mckinney has some school boundaries changing also so verify any home/school.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:55 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. As a stay at home Mom seems like Star Creek would be above our price range. I will checkout Quail Run and Stonebridge Ranch.

Priorities are ~

#1 ~ Good School System
#2 ~ Community pool/clubhouse to stay social and meet other families with children
#3 ~ 2000 sq. ft. +
#4 ~ $250K and less......

Old 05-24-2010, 12:57 PM

P.S. ~ also if looking outside of Allen ~ need elementary school suggestions

Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 AM

After reading posts on Stonebridge Ranch I have some concern regarding elementary school rezonings....guess the key here is to really research the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: