Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 06:01 AM

164 posts, read 381,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk626 View Post
Thanks again Wrightflyer! My husband wound up looking at a house in a Pheasant neighborhood and liked it. I think that was the only "subdivision" he was in. There are a lot of houses for rent in Miamisburg in the Miami Village/Villages of Miami subdivision. Are you familiar with the area? When I mapped out the houses for him to look at, I was surprised that they were all so close to each other that it's making me wonder what (if anything) is wrong with that area. He's supposed to go drive around there during the weekend.
That's where we live, actually.

We searched for houses for 2-3 months last year before deciding on ours. Miamisburg schools are quite good and they have has tons of building improvements and new construction over the past 5 years. The area is very convenient to everything (restaurants, retail, Dayton Mall) especially now that the new Austin Blvd exit on to I-75 has opened.

Possibly due to the close proximity to Lexis Nexis' world headquarters (located at the intersection of SR-741 and Spring Valley Pike) there seems to be more home sales in this area than others at times. Our realtor said it was always a pretty easy neighborhood for resale and I'd tend to agree having watched a few neighbors sell their homes in our 1.5 years here. Generally, most folks seem to be working professionals and there's really a good mix - people with kids, working couples, retired couples, etc. We love the area and are glad with our decision to buy our house.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 07:20 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,083,741 times
While I know where Miami Village is, I'm not as familiar with it as wmu, who apparently lives there. I'd direct specific questions to him. From what little I know, I do know it is a nice neighborhood. As they say, no news is good news, and I have rarely, if ever, seen Miami Village in the news. Miamisburg is a good district.

That area's biggest downside may be the commute (which did get easier with the opening of Austin Blvd's exit) to Area A. Winter and I675 don't always mix, but just drive with caution and you should be fine. Otherwise, Maimi Village would be a wonderful neighborhood.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:48 PM

18 posts, read 48,878 times
Well it seems the commute from Miamisburg was more than my husband would have liked. It looks like we might end up in Xenia in an area zoned for Beavercreek schools. Rural enough for my husband but close enough to the convenience of Beavercreek shopping for me. The best of both worlds I suppose!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM

183 posts, read 634,030 times
I didn't know that was possible, but I don't know where the breakdown of the addresses are so it could be.

Here is a map of the district though... http://www.beavercreek.k12.oh.us/403510629162347173/lib/403510629162347173/District_Map.jpg?403510629162347173Nav=|&NodeID=10 11 (broken link)

Old 11-15-2010, 04:25 PM

No offense Video, but man that map is awful. Shame on Beavercreek City Schools.

Regarding Xenia addresses going to Beavercreek schools. Let me just make this clear, the zip code used for much of Beavercreek township is Xenia's zipcode of 45385, thus making it seem like parts of Xenia go to Beavercreek schools. Please do be aware when looking at homes, that there are parts of Beavercreek township that actually go to Xenia schools as well (this is why that linked map is soooooo bad). This area would be extreme eastern edges of the county. There is a development off Hilltop and Fairgrounds Rds which is Bcreek Twp but Xenia schools.

Not that Xenia schools are bad. Like I've said, they seem to be on an upward trend from being just ok, and by all means there has been plenty of development (especially outside the city of Xenia itself). Just triple check to make sure the home is in the district you are being told it is in. Rarely does a realtor lie about something like that, but I have in rare occasions known realtors to lie, so just be cautious.

As Video alluded to, the break down of where the district line is out there is very fuzzy.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 PM

Yeah the address sometimes comes up as a Dayton or Beavercreek address. The house is located on a small area of county land inbetween Beavercreek and Xenia. It's a few blocks over from the high school and Ferguson Middle but it's zoned for Arkeney (?) Middle based on the zoning maps.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up Wrightflyer! The map that Video provided is kind of vague so I went through every school zone map on the Beavercreek School District Transportation website and the only discrepancy I seemed to find was that part of the area on Trebein Road is zoned for both Ferguson and Ankeney Middle schools. Just to be sure I'm going to call the Beavercreek Registration office tomorrow to verify.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM

183 posts, read 634,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post
No offense Video, but man that map is awful. Shame on Beavercreek City Schools.
I am not offended and I hope you weren't trying to offend since it wasn't a map I made. I was just giving the "official" map they have. I tried my best to find a better map, but there was none to be found anywhere.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM

Yeah, the BCS website makes that map finding quest a tad difficult (I've looked and come up empty too).

Due to current overcrowding at Ferguson, some parts of the district out in the township and near the hamlet of Alpha were reassigned to Ankeney. This was probably 10-12 years ago. The overcrowding at Ferguson and the high school is now being addressed by the building of a new middle school and elementary school complex at Ankeney and Trebein Rds. That should be complete in 2-3 years. Not official, but I am sure the current area of the township that attends Ankeney will reassigned to the new Ferguson. The current Ferguson school is supposed to become a sort of annex of the current high school. Speculation says it will house 9th graders and the current high school will be 10-12th grade. The board hasn't made a final decision on that process just yet. Many of the districts existing buildings are also being upgraded and renovated with this particular bond issue. Hope that clears up some confusion.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk626 View Post
Yeah the address sometimes comes up as a Dayton or Beavercreek address. The house is located on a small area of county land inbetween Beavercreek and Xenia. It's a few blocks over from the high school and Ferguson Middle but it's zoned for Arkeney (?) Middle based on the zoning maps.
Some Beavercreek history here: The city itself as an incorporated being is only 30 years old. The township was always there and there was still development taking place prior to 1980. This caused the creation of a number of zipcodes that were part of the Dayton postal offices. Thus, besides Alpha which has its own post office but was swallowed up by Beavercreek upon incorporation, much of Beavercreek's mail said (and still says) Dayton, OH. Beavercreek didn't get a post office of its own until the early to mid 1990's. Before then, people either went to Riverside (which wasn't really Riverside, but that's another story) or Kettering for a post office. Or, there is the tiny Alpha office, which I recommend, but be aware it takes an extra day to process because they basically send it to Beavercreek who then sends it into Dayton for postmarking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton