Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,285 times

Advertisements

I mentioned in a previous post that I'll be relocating from the Northeast to the Dayton area this summer. I was wondering if anyone can share their experiences with AT&T U-verse vs. Time Warner in this area. I currently have DirecTV where I am in CT but I won't be able to bring it with me (apartments / condos I'm looking at won't allow it). We won't need phone service, just cable + internet bundle. I'm wondering which service seems faster for watching movies, Netflix, Hulu, etc. online as well. I'll probably be living in either Xenia, Springfield, or Beavercreek, depending on diferent complex's availability for this summer.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 07:46 PM

235 posts, read 435,515 times
We have ATT internet, and i've never had aproblem. We have Directv, but ATT is offering UVerse. Both are less expensive than Time Warner. Best thing to do is call around and check out prices and packages theat suit you. Welcome to Dayton!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:45 AM

164 posts, read 382,653 times
I don't love AT&T - it's more selection by lack of choice. I have DSL with them (no U-Verse / TV) and overall it's decent. When you get off a promo rate, it's cheaper than Road Runner from Time Warner, so that's why I've stuck with them. I pay about $40 a month, whereas cable internet would cost me at least $55.

If you want cable internet, you can also look into Earthlink. They're basically just re-selling internet over Time Warner's lines, but it's cheaper. Haven't done this myself but might switch to this in the future - I've had people recommend it to me.

We have Dish for TV and it's great for us. No kids and we don't watch all that much so I don't want to pay like crazy for it. Our package is $35/month (regular price) for all HD channels and we have a DVR. The neat thing with Dish is that one DVR works for multiple TVs... so we can be watching different things in different rooms from the same box. With taxes and everything our monthly TV bill is only $43/month.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,581,045 times
Smile AT&T I-Verse rocks!!!

I wanted to share this with you....we had TimeWarner Cable for high speed internet, phone, and cable and there was rarely a day we did not have an outage of some part of the package. If the cable was out - so was the phone. Watching tv or in middle of a movie - poof - picture went out or "froze up" for no apparent reason. Did not matter if it was storming or not. Their customer no-service is the worst - hold time was atrocious, then they would just try to tell you anything to make you hang up OR, my personal favorite - schedule a tech to come out - wait all day and no one shows up (or calls), then when you called them back tomorrow - they say we will have someone come "back out" and take care of that. I went nuts - they never showed up in the first place!!!!!
We live in Beavercreek Twp., just south of Beavercreek, and west of Xenia. Fella knocked on the door with info from U-Verse a couple of years ago. They had just installed the fiber optics in this area. My hubby looked it over, called them back that afternoon and they were here the next morning to install it. Internet speed is fantastic, tv and movie selection is wonderful, and the telephone is reliable and good quality. We got MORE for less money than Time Warner and are extremely happy with our service. Good luck in finding your niche...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton