Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:00 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,854 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know who is the developer for the Clayton Village. While it does look neat, I think it will struggle at first more from the slumpping housing market. As for spending money in this buyers bargain market, especially coming from CA$, you can probably consider everything in the region a bargain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 11:00 PM

245 posts, read 1,272,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post
Does anyone know who is the developer for the Clayton Village. While it does look neat, I think it will struggle at first more from the slumpping housing market. As for spending money in this buyers bargain market, especially coming from CA$, you can probably consider everything in the region a bargain.
It's going to be a big flop with the collapse of the mortgage market. Clayton and Northmont in general are in a slow decline.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:02 PM

245 posts, read 1,272,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopelp View Post
You have got to be kidding me! I purposely drive to the Dayton Mall area--there are all kinds of stores there to satisfy any needs, i.e., craft, clothing, eyeglasses, books, restaurants, pet, electronic, etc. The only reason why I can imagine anyone avoiding the area is because the traffic is heavy because it is a big shopping area.

Uhhh, most people in Centerville and most people I know along Mad River road drive north on 675 to shop because the DAyton Mall is GHETTO. That whole area is just suburbaghetto these days and people with money don't feel safe shopping there.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 AM

71 posts, read 229,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMikey617 View Post
Uhhh, most people in Centerville and most people I know along Mad River road drive north on 675 to shop because the DAyton Mall is GHETTO. That whole area is just suburbaghetto these days and people with money don't feel safe shopping there.

AHHHHH I see now

So MOST of the high class folk in Centerville avoid the Dayton Mall? And MOST of the people you know ? Sigh guess the Dayton will close very soon.

Unsafe YOU say? Please tell me what violence takes place there?

Wait a min.. Son have you been watching the news to much? Did they happen to show some scenes from mall news shots with people who don't look like you and then you decided " omg its unsafe there!" .

Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 AM

71 posts, read 229,390 times
Btw Did you know that you can be robbed , kidnapped, shot or killed right there at the Green too? But I doubt it because it soooo safe there aye?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:46 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I can only speak of Centerville. My 3 grandchildren attend school there and I'm very impressed with their facilities. There seems to be a park in every neighborhood, and the sports programs for kids are just super. My 3 have participated in everything from tae kwon do, tennis, football, baseball, basketball, soccer and some I've probably missed... all organized, top notch, community programs from kindergarten age. The YMCA has a bunch of stuff going on too.
The oldest kid, in jr. high, is in an advanced academic program. It seems to me the demographics are well educated, two parent families in their 30's and 40's.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:23 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,530,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMikey617 View Post
YoMikey617, this is a free country and you're enytitled to your opinion. But I've lived in Washington Twp/Centerville since '00 and LOVE it here. And we (as well as all OUR friends) shop at both The Greene AND Dayton Mall about equally. I guess I'm a little old to relate to your labelling the Dayton MAll "ghetto"; I certainly don't see it that way...

Old 12-22-2007, 10:07 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,452,378 times
Does he mean the DM is dated and surroundings somehwhat visually chaotic (not as "planned"), or is he really talking about a racial/class thing?

Old 12-31-2007, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,227 times
Default Stonehill Village? on Dayton, Ohio area

Hello,
We are relocating to the Dayton, Ohio area this summer and are looking at housing. We are considering the Centerville, Beavercreek and Oakwood areas. My husband will be working at Wright Patterson AFB. We want nice schools and a good community atmosphere.
I have been reading about a new development, planned community, called Stonehill Village. Does anyone know anything about it? Would love to hear from anyone that lives there. We think we are interested, but need to know more......
thanks!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,854 times
Stonehill Village is a master planned community by the Nutter family on their property. When the first phases began, the project timeline was 25-30 years of development. That was roughly 5 years ago. They've since opened three sections.

Spindletop is a neighborhoods with varying sections of housing, all semi-custom or custom. the smallest homes here go for at least $300,000. You may find a deal under that but I doubt it since many of the larger homes go usually in the upper 300K to 500K. Is it worth the price? Probably, since these builders are selected for their quality (or so my source from Nutter Enterprises says). I would bet they are better then the stick built things from Ryan.

Steeplechase is an all patio home development. The first section was built by local builder Charles Simms. While the homes look great and are probably good quality, they are small in terms of lot size and sqft. They also all look roughly the same. These homes go anywhere from the 180's w/ no basement to the 250's. About a year ago, Simms left and local builder Greg Taylor filled in the space. His homes tend to be "prettier", but that's my opinion. They also look a tad more expensive.

Liberty Hill is a development within Stonehill by I believe David White. I'll have to check on that. The homes are "courtyard" homes, whatever that means. The plans look nice, but are expensive. Customization is possible. The homes here back to a wooded preserve or a road. They tend to cost from the 400K+.

Of course, any master planned development wouldn't be complete without a club house (a restored barn) and association fees. That money goes towards the beautiful clubhouse with fitness center and two pools. This might come in handy as Beavercreek has failed to build a community center yet. Walking trails also line the neighborhoods. From what I here, the place is very community oriented. Otherwise, check the place out for yourself at www.stonehillvillage.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton