Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 06:14 PM

61 posts, read 92,742 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I commute to work twice a week to Columbus and need recommendations for a reliable pet sitter.
I am away from 3 am to 6.30pm on those days and I need someone to walk him twice a day and give him food.
I moved to Oakwood in December and tried calling all the local companies. Maybe it was because of the holidays but no one returned my calls except for one crazy person. My neighbor volunteered herself and her 12 y old son. I was not thrilled as this could get awkward but I had no choice. It's not working out so well. I am just not happy with this situation. So awkward because they are good neighbors but terrible pet sitters and I don't want to make enemies out of good neighbors.

I am also wondering why Dayton cabs are so reluctant to come out to the suburbs. I had a vet appointment and called ahead the day before to set up a pick up time. They came on time but on the return took 2 hours to get a cab. I always tip 15-20 percent no matter how terrible or slow the service is. But 2 hours is ridiculous. Does anyone have the same problem, recommendations for cabs? I remember having this problem 6 years ago when I lived in Dayton and was hoping it has changed. Apparently not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,169,063 times
That's bizarre... I see cabs in Huber Heights all the time.

Have you tried Air City?

Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,230,522 times
I've used a cab twice and it was ok but I did have to call around to find one willing and kept on them to make sure they would come.

Pet sitters, maybe check with Univ of Dayton and see if they have any job boards? That or if there is a vet near you, put up something on their bulletin board or ask the staff if they know anyone willing.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM

I know, when I lived in Columbus the longest I had to wait for a cab is 20 minutes. I've never used Air City. I called Miami liberty and then Yellow, I think, both told me it would be more than 45 minutes so I gave up and waited, finally after 2 hours Miami liberty showed up.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 PM

@Giesela- I don't drive so when I can't use the bus, such as vet apts, I have to call a cab.
I think I will check with the local vet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton