Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:52 PM

55 posts, read 102,372 times

Advertisements

Hey there,

I hear you. I am living in Dayton for the time being, and also did not want to live very far from downtown. I've been here for two years this month, and am glad I elected to live where I have. When I visit friends in other areas, I feel very marooned, and personally would not enjoy living somewhere that requires I get in the car all the time. I live in St. Anne's Hill and routinely walk to the Oregon District for dinner or a drink, the Neon for a film, or Century Bar (my favorite spot!) over on Jefferson. I pay more than $500, but live with my partner in a private house with a massive yard. (We also have a pet, as do many in the area.) There are definitely rentals in your price range! While Craigslist is a good start, walking/driving around looking for signs is a great suggestion. Check out St. Anne's Hill, Huffman, and South Park for sure. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 11:04 AM

133 posts, read 195,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
I'm talking about the mixed use buildings. The ones with upstairs apartments above the commercial shops; they don't strike me as being expensive, but I may be wrong. Other than that, I agree, the OD is not cheap.
Those are listed on Craigslist from time to time. The cheapest I have seen for places on 5th are around $800.

I would look into Jefferson Place, no idea about their pet policy, but, I believe a 1 bedroom 1 bath is $450-500.

This is a listing from the building on the corner of Brown and Sixth. - http://dayton.craigslist.org/apa/4748625552.html That is as cheap as you can find in the Oregon District. Have no idea the quality, but may be worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton