Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 12:52 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times

Advertisements

Help me congratulate Gloryb on another star!!

//www.city-data.com/forum/commu...rs-gloryb.html

Old 05-05-2011, 05:41 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,653,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Not only do I have a sore throat this morning, but then I lost my big long post.
SOOOO...before I lose my peace, I'll go post a few freebies and come back after I've found my 'happy face'.

Glad to see you back Starr. Hope you have a great time Camper! It feels like a train station around here..............
Thanks, Glory, and congrats on your new star!
What do those stars mean, anyway? I haven't even noticed any stars.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:34 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Thanks, Glory, and congrats on your new star!
What do those stars mean, anyway? I haven't even noticed any stars.
Thanks Camper!! I had no idea I had even gotten another one until you mentioned it. I was too busy trying to get as much as I could posted before I fell asleep since I will be busy a lot tomorrow morning. (Yep, PAYDAY Friday....Walmart here I come!!)

Starr....it's the stars on the right hand side of a person's name on their posts. Mine show I post WAY TOO MUCH for a sane person.

Hello to everyone else as well! I love you all and appreciate being part of your wonderful group here on the freebie forums.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:03 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times
Wow Glory-another star-congrats!!

I can't believe since last Thursday have not heard if my truck is totaled. We did buy another car based on what the adjuster told me-the repair is more than 80% of the value. Could you imagine if they say they will fix the truck-it would just my luck

Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Hi Everybody! I have glanced through some of the posts since I last wrote.....I miss everybody and wish you well. I will be glad when I can finally get back into my city data routine.... And before I forget, Happy Mother's Day to all!

Well, the house is in escrow again, so keep everything crossed.....I hope it works out this time. The buyer is also a leasing agent and wants to remodel and either rent it out or try to flip it.....he has a contractor's license and also a real estate license. He's pretty excited and has had all kinds of guys here....to measure floors, architect, painter, etc, so I hope the loan goes through....

I will be leaving for MT to get my girl in a few days.....it's a 2-day drive, (each way), so I'll be gone for close to a week. I will arrive the day before she has her last finals......I will help her pack....we are going to store as much as we can in a little area in the basement of the dorm where she will be living next year.....we will bring home clothes, bedding, etc...I will bring her back here (to S. California), for a few days......she has an appointment and also wants to see a couple of her friends.. Her best friend still lives here with us and leaving her behind is not going to be easy on either one of them, or me, either.....she is like our 2nd kid....

Tom Brokaw is going to be one of the guest speakers at UM's ceremony this year.....parents are going to be pilling into Missoula just as I am arriving......parking at the school is at such a premium......I hope I can find a spot..... Her new dorm is a few minutes walk from her current one....I will probably be walking a lot of boxes and Rubbermaid tubs down there because I don't think I am going to be lucky in finding parking spots at either dorm area.......oh well, this is why I have arms and legs....

Escrow on the new house closes any minute now.....(I have so many dates in my head that I can't keep anything straight)..... We wired the funds a few days ago.....so it's a done deal. My husband will leave here a day or so before the moving van guys come.....packing will take 2 days and loading will take a day.....I will stay here to superivse all the moving stuff......and then my girl and I will drive to CO.....

The owner of the moving company told us that, in order to save money, buy the majority of our boxes at Lowes or Home Depot because they are HALF of what he has to charge us if we buy from him......so, we have made quite a few pit stops and now have over 300 boxes in our garage.....I bought small, medium, large and then glass packs and dish packs.... I had to go to another place to buy extra large.....they were out, so I need to go back tomorrow to pick them up.. The moving company will supply wardrobes......

Our health insurance will change when we move to CO. so I have been busy going to all kinds of appointments.....it has taken up a lot of time and it has been exhausting. I am also trying to see my pals...and we didn't want a going away party, so our best friends gave us an intimate dinner party for 8 earlier in the week.

My husband didn't want to use the 2nd day of the 2-day pass that I bought for Disney back in January and it was just about to expire, so one of my good pals and I went to Disney on Monday.....we shared (and ate) a whole thing of cotton candy! I hadn't had it in years.....we didn't even care about the calories that day.....it was so good!

I will have to notify Montana Griz to let him know that I am not afraid of a tornado......I should be, but I'm not.....the one going through Windsor was very unusual. I'm not afraid--maybe because I have lived through so many severe earthquakes, I dunno... The people on the Montana Porch are a great bunch......very salt-of-the-earth people....very interesting group.....it takes awhile to get accepted, but they are very kind and have taught me a lot about Montana...if you ever have time, go for a visit and tell them you are my friend.....I miss them, too.

My friend and I have had 2 more yard sales since I returned from CO.....they are a lot of work but it's a day that we get to spend together, so it's all worth it.... Somebody ripped off a pair of sunglasses that I was selling for my girl....it really irks me when somebody steals.....our items are so cheap, but yet, they need to steal.........grrrr.....

Well, are you all sitting down? We got a puppy today! He is a shiloh shepherd.....they are not very common......he was flown in from, (are you still sitting down?), from WA. My husband and I went to the airport to get him......he did really well on the trip back home, (over an hour on the road). He is 9 weeks old and already weighs 15 lbs. He is going to weigh @ 130 lbs. He is white......it is called bone or something.....not pure white, but kinda creamy-colored with a hint of peach..... There are two types.....I think they are called sleek, (which is hair closer to the body), and plush, (I think it's 'plush'......anyway, it means 'fluffy')..... Anyway, he's plush.....right now he's a huge powder puff....and he really likes to be with people... We went to Petsmart to get some stuff and everybody fell in love with him....several folks thought he was a golden retriever pup..... We are going to live on acreage, so we can handle a big dog.....my husband wants a hiking buddy when I don't want to go with him....and my girl is so excited---she can hardly wait to get home! The breeder is a very nice person and wants to stay in contact with us...she has a great website and posts a lot of pics. My husband made a list of the types of dogs he wanted (10 or 12), and he told our girl to narrow it down, so she did some research and cut it down to 2 or 3 breeds....he chose the shiloh.... His sharp puppy teeth already drew blood on my thin skin.... He will take him with him when he drives to CO.....fine with me.....I'll be dealing with enough as it is....

Okay, I'm exhausted and need to hit the day..... I will write when I can..... Thinking of all of you!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:48 AM

Awww Wurzig....so good to hear from you and that you guys FINALLY SOLD YOUR HOUSE! I know it's been a heavy burden for quite some time. I sure hope you get resettled soon....we miss you a lot. A PUPPY in the middle of all that? I admire your courage and stamina.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!!

My daughter bought one of those smokeless cigarettes. WOW....that thing is great and way cheaper than smoking actual cigs. On top of that, you can smoke it anywhere since there are no vapors or smoke coming from it. Think I'm going to buy myself one this afternoon. Life will be a DREAM without the smell of smoke anywhere. I'm pretty excited about this. Wish I had done it last year when I planned to. I've had a couple of friends actually be able to quit by going to the smokeless.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,123,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hi Everybody! .................... "Her new dorm is a few minutes walk from her current one....I will probably be walking a lot of boxes and Rubbermaid tubs down there because I don't think I am going to be lucky in finding parking spots at either dorm area.......oh well, this is why I have arms and legs"..............SUGGESTION: Get a "2-wheel Dolly" to use for moving those items from dorm to dorm and dorm to storage. Also have a small (4'x8') plastic tarp & some string available....just in case it may be raining, to cover the items on the dolly.

........................ now have over 300 boxes in our garage.....I bought small, medium, large and then glass packs and dish packs.........Suggestion: instead of writing(the contents) on the actual moving box,.....Number each box (on 2 sides and the top) THEN using a note-book, list the contents in detail corresponding to the numbered box.

I will have to notify Montana Griz to let him know that I am not afraid of a tornado......I should be, but I'm not.....the one going through Windsor was very unusual. I'm not afraid--maybe because I have lived through so many severe earthquakes, I dunno... The people on the Montana Porch are a great bunch......very salt-of-the-earth people....very interesting group.....it takes awhile to get accepted, but they are very kind and have taught me a lot about Montana...if you ever have time, go for a visit and tell them you are my friend.....I miss them, too...........Thank You.

Well, are you all sitting down? We got a puppy today! He is a shiloh shepherd.....they are not very common......he was flown in from, (are you still sitting down?), from WA. ......

Wonderful breed, an elk hunting friend of mine bought one from Alberta, Canada a few years ago. (There are only about 30 registered breeders in the U.S. and Canada.There are two types.....I think they are called sleek, ( i.e. SMOOTH)[/i] (which is hair closer to the body), and plush, (I think it's 'plush'......anyway, it means 'fluffy')..... Anyway, he's plush...........A couple of suggestions re the dog:.....Have your Vet MICRO_CHIP him as soon as you can...and get a stainless steel tag to put on his collar that reads: "Micro-Chipped. If found pls call owner XXX-XXX-XXXX or call M.C. Service or take to VET or shelter. REWARD......All Vets and shelters can "read" the Micro-chip with the Scanner. Being Micro-chipped deters theft and speeds up the return of a lost or injured dog...

The other thing I would do: Get a Dog Travel Crate and train him to being used to the crate (Crate-Training). Alsolutely invaluable when: 1/ traveling with the dog; 2/ getting the dog to acquire the sense that "the crate is his SECURITY BLanket". ( keep a med weight blanket in the crate...they like to "make a "nest" in it. It becomes their place of "safety"*** (See below). I have two: One in the Utility room where the dog sleeps in it (with the door open) at night, and the 2nd one is kept in the back of the SUV. He has traveled in it 65000 miles.......in safety and comfort!!A loose dog in a vehicle that gets in an accident....becomes a MISSLE in the vehicle........Travel Crate>>>best way to travel!!

A bird hunting friend of mine was duck hunting with his Lab and it went to retrieve a down duck over a half-mile away..........It never returned.....no idea why...after 10 hours of searching the owner gave up......BUT put the Travel Crate in the spot where the dog was when they were shooting ducks...........THREE days later the dog was found laying there inside the Travel Crate....tired, hungry, full of burrs....but unhurt & OK.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:35 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Fingers crossed for Wurzig's house and YAY for the new pup!!

DKVA, I hope that whatever works out for your truck will be the best deal for you. It's often hard to get a replacement for what the insurance company gives you for a totaled truck -- but, then, fixing a truck that should have been totaled is often not a good deal either. Twenty years ago, my truck was broad-sided (three days after I had made the last payment) and flipped end over end four times. It should have been totaled and I was glad when it wasnt because I loved that truck -- but it never drove right after that.

Glory, CONGRATS on the new star!!! (And thanks to Camper for telling us about it.) I've read a lot about those e-cigarettes. I've never smoked but I'm almost curious enough to try them.

Starr, I saw your question about stars. I think you get a light-green bar for a certain number of posts, a dark-green bar for a certain number of light-green bar and a star for a certain number of dark-green bars. We have some really great "stars" on this forum!!

Montana Griz, great advice about crate-training -- and great story about the lost Lab finding his crate. Wouldnt you love to know what kind of adventure would distract a retriever from doing what he loves best? Hmm, obviously retrieving was what he loved second-best that day. Was the downed duck in the crate too?

Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Fingers crossed for Wurzig's house and YAY for the new pup!!

DKVA, I hope that whatever works out for your truck will be the best deal for you. It's often hard to get a replacement for what the insurance company gives you for a totaled truck -- but, then, fixing a truck that should have been totaled is often not a good deal either. Twenty years ago, my truck was broad-sided (three days after I had made the last payment) and flipped end over end four times. It should have been totaled and I was glad when it wasnt because I loved that truck -- but it never drove right after that.

Wow TFW-I can almost empathize with you -I could not even imagine being broad sided and flipped. I'm pretty confident due to tornado damages it will be totaled. Due to debris and water damage the insurance company will not want a a law suit due to future claims.

http://www.ebridgeconnections.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/happy_mothers_day.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-08-2011, 05:54 PM

We had a good time at Disney's Animal Kingdom today. It was hot, but they have lots of shade at that particular park which is why we chose it. It also wasn't overly crowded or anything. We didn't have to wait very long to take any rides or see the shows.

My 19 year old son kept whining about having to walk so much and how hot he was.
Here I am in my 50's with arthritis knees pushing a stroller with all our stuff and a kid in it. I wanted to beat him over the head with something.

At the River Rapids ride, sure enough, I was the one who was in just the wrong seat and got sprayed with the back wash splash after the waterfall drop. Then I was soak and wet, including my hair. I WANTED it to be my son, but didn't happen that way. Kids though it was hilarious. I was just glad it was right before we planned to head home anyway.

SOOOOOOOOOOO....how did everyone else enjoy their Mother's Day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff