Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks (I think), Wurzig. Maybe you're hinting that I shouldnt be so open about my life. And you might be right.

I guess I should be embarrassed to post some of the things I've posted about my life. But I've never been one to take myself seriously. If people want to laugh at me, or make private comments about me, it really doesnt bother me. I've been a nerd all my life -- and, although I wouldnt wish social awkwardness on anyone else, I've survived it and am in a "good place" in my life.

In professional settings (like at work) I've never shared some of the stuff I've shared with youall -- because it wouldnt have been appropriate. But I dont pretend to be anything other than what I am.

And, to embarrass myself further, the clock wasnt behind the TV. It was in front of it. The TV is a 52" mounted above my dresser and the clock sits on the dresser right underneath the TV. I still cant understand why neither the exterminator nor I could tell that the sound was coming from the clock. The a/c vent is directly above the clock and that's where anyone would have sworn the sound was coming from.

I'm so sorry about the guy who bought your company. I hope you can salvage something out of the deal.

I heard from my daughter this morning. The fires are close to her but are apparently not heading her way for now. I wonder how msev is doing. I've been looking for updates from him.
Of course it's was a compliment and of the best kind! On here, I am pretty much like I am in real life...nuts at times, overstressed, exhausted, anal, and always vacuuming up dog hairs....and like you, when I worked outside of the home, there were just things that you didn't talk about at work....on here, you can 'talk', we never judge because this stuff happens to us, too. (We all love Keta's old robe because at one time or another, we've had one just like it.......I got caught on a Christmas movie dusting a table with mine one time...stupid me didn't want the dust to show in the movie and didn't know the camera was 'rolling'...I was @ 15 or so...it was red, half of the buttons were missing and it smelled like Clearasil)

Life is short and has so much stress but there are many cornball things that happen and all you can do is laugh. One time I slipped and fell and almost killed myself but I held onto that powdered doughnut.... I think every one of us does zany stuff......and for some reason, this kinda reminds me of that joke where you do something wrong and end up in jail....it examines a few of your friends......some disappear after you get arrested, some try to bail you out but your best and true friend is in the cell with you and says, 'we screwed up'. I think we are in that cell with you....I know I am. (If you hde driven by and had seen me trying to squirt all those flying birds the other day you would have called the men in the white coats---it was a scene out of The Birds).

I'm so glad you heard from your girl.......

Old 06-29-2012, 11:05 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
Life is short, laugh all you can. <3

Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 PM

Take care of yourself, msev......you only have one body. Try to get a cheap set of battery charger cable thingies and keep them in your trunk....they are just a few bucks.

I love my crocs......they are so easy on feet.... I bought them in an emergency, too....they have ties, like regular shoes, and they have an enclosed heel. Several years ago, my girl and her pal went to a concert right by Disneyland in the convention center.....so, after we dropped them off, my husband and I celebrated an anniversary dinner and we went to that street by Disneyland that has tons of restaurants and shops on it....(I can't think of what it's called---Downtown Disney???)....we did not go to the fancy restaurant where we had reservations.....(we looked at the menu and didn't like it), so we walked and walked, checking out menus....I got a blister......we went into a store that had a sailing theme.......we found the crocs there....they are navy blue and I wear them every once in awhile...love them!

Old 07-01-2012, 01:55 PM

I have been out in the garden all day long........watering..........and I'm not done yet......it is so dry here......and we are on water restrictions..... And then I came in and vacuumed up dog hairs....... re: the dog hairs: every day is a repeat of the day before......peat and repeat.

I am beginning NOT to like those pod types of Tide, All, etc...I've had a few samples and I bought a lot of little sacks of ALL when it was on promotion....sometimes they do NOT melt.....and then you end up with a towel or a sock or t-shirt stuck together......and then you have to run it under warm water and melt 'the Elmer's'.......

I hope all are okay today......and hope that gb's girl is doing better.......

Old 07-01-2012, 08:02 PM

We got rain!!!! Wasn't much, only about 1/8 th of an inch but it was great!!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Anyone heard from GB? I'm wondering how her daughter is.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Anyone heard from GB? I'm wondering how her daughter is.
This was posted in the Village yesterday by Magnum Mike:

I received this direct message from GloryB, as you recall, her daughter is in the hospital for the gall bladder problem. Her daughter is okay, and she asked me to share this with the rest of you.

Sorry I haven't posted. I've been really busy running back and forth to the hospital. I'm just plain old tired and stressed out.

After they did the MRI on my daughter (Chloe), they found a large gall stone which was lodged in the tube between her liver and gall bladder. This is why she is still in ICU. The liver wasn't functioning properly because of this. She became jaundice and was still running a fever. They began giving her more antibiotics and a constant morphine drip.

The decision was made that as soon as they got the infection under control, they would do an endoscopy procedure to remove the stone between the gall bladder and liver....plus all the other stones. This is finally scheduled for tomorrow morning (7/1). Then on Monday, they will be able to remove the gall bladder at a minimum risk.

She is in good spirits and will be fine. They think she will be able to go home by Wednesday.

If they had known about this a year ago, it would've been a simple out-patient procedure. She really assumed the pain through the past months was due to her IUD or maybe she had bad heart burn.

I really appreciate all the sweet notes!!!!

GloryB.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

I received this direct message from GloryB, as you recall, her daughter is in the hospital for the gall bladder problem. Her daughter is okay, and she asked me to share this with the rest of you.

Sorry I haven't posted. I've been really busy running back and forth to the hospital. I'm just plain old tired and stressed out.

After they did the MRI on my daughter (Chloe), they found a large gall stone which was lodged in the tube between her liver and gall bladder. This is why she is still in ICU. The liver wasn't functioning properly because of this. She became jaundice and was still running a fever. They began giving her more antibiotics and a constant morphine drip.

The decision was made that as soon as they got the infection under control, they would do an endoscopy procedure to remove the stone between the gall bladder and liver....plus all the other stones. This is finally scheduled for tomorrow morning (7/1). Then on Monday, they will be able to remove the gall bladder at a minimum risk.

She is in good spirits and will be fine. They think she will be able to go home by Wednesday.

If they had known about this a year ago, it would've been a simple out-patient procedure. She really assumed the pain through the past months was due to her IUD or maybe she had bad heart burn.

GloryB.
I will think positive thoughts.......I wonder what could have caused this at such a young age..... At least they found the problem......

Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,805,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

GloryB.
Thanks for the update Campster!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:19 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Good morning everybody!

Sorry I haven't posted regularly. I would get on CD and not even know where to start....so I didn't do anything
but answer a few notes.

Chloe is doing fine. The big stone they were so concerned about that had worked it's way into her liver tube (for a
lack of proper medical term) ended up being four clustered together. This was actually the best case scenario since they
were able to retrieve them without injuring the tube further. Once that was done, we could breathe a sigh of relief.
Taking out the gallbladder was also easy after that. She will be sore for a few days, but her life should get back to normal shortly.
Well, if you can call her not being able to drink liquor or eat her favorite foods normal. She is now back to just being her old grouchy
self...the morphine version was nicer.

Bob did such a good job keeping all the freebies posted!! I probably missed a lot of really good stuff.

I don't think I'm going to do any long threads for the rest of the summer. It's just too much work. It takes
up so much of my computer time until I don't enjoy just posting with my friends.

I need to go back and read what is going on with everyone.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff