Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 05:23 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm at home reading. I was extremely social this last week.

Met friends for lunch at Mimi's Cafe on Sunday.

Went to a wine/cheese tasting on Monday.

Got my hair cut on Thursday. This is considered social because the lady who cuts my hair and who I have been going to for 20 years talks the entire time about her bad luck with men. I gave up long ago trying to be her psychologist regarding abusive guys.

Yesterday I had lunch with another group of friends.

I could easily be a hermit but my friends refuse to let that happen. Bless them all.
I need more friends.... I don't have anyone to just hang with or go to lunch. I have been home so long and have lost contact with everyone I used to know. That's the part I miss about living in town and or working.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:27 PM

Well that was a sad post wasn't it? I'm all better now, I don't need no stinking friends! I got you guys and I got ME!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 07:20 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Another Happy Monday!!

I was away or busy most of the weekend. Feels odd to be offline for a couple of days.
I hope everyone enjoyed theirs.

I'm so far behind in my posting.................let me catch up with myself and I'll be
back to chat.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 AM

Wow ketabcha....you had a busy week!

Yeah Wurzig....I probably need/needed a root canal. It's doing okay now though after a week of antibiotics and no sweet foods.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 AM

Mailbox of the Week - Super Mailbox Guy

Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM

Morning gang!!!! Been kinda busy, thats no excuse I know.

Got the news this morning that hubby will be working 1-9 with Sunday and Monday off ... First time ever he has not worked 8-5, m-f. But it's only for 6 months. Will just be odd. I'm going to have to change a bunch of reservations.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Whatever the hours, I'm glad he has a job, campie......

Keta, you are a gadabout! (Boy, is that an old-fashioned word!!!!)

Root canals are not fun......I'm glad you warded it off with the meds, gb...... I am the queen of mouth issues......I need to find a dentist here but I keep putting it off...

I did weed patrol for quite a few hours yesterday....but it got so danged hot that I had to give up.....man, my face was cherry red and I thought I got a bad burn, but it was just hot...I used one of the new Avon bug-spf sprays......it worked okay, but it's a spritzer and it's harder to use than a spray......you can't use it upside down and it's hard to use on the backs of your legs, arms, etc...... I am always in a hurry and I like spray things.....they are the fastest.

I really go through the vinegar....it kills weeds....and it's not poisonous just in case THE HORSE licks it.....BUT, I don't use it on the lawn....... I just use it in the rocks where there are no flowers, bushes, etc......(we have a LOT of rocks)....

I was out there a bit this morning, much earlier......I got up at 6:00. Picked some more weeds and am watering the pine tree area where THE HORSE tore out all the sprinkler system last year.... We had a sprinkler man here in the spring, (they have to restart your system that you blow out and turn off during the winter so that things don't freeze), and he said he'd be back to put in another system on that berm, but he hasn't shown up and we keep forgetting to call him....he most likely got busy and forgot.

We went to a birthday dinner last night and I did everything wrong......I came home SICK. I was so hot and thirsty and I gulped a strong margarita...(stupid woman)....I hadn't eaten all day and gobbled way too many taco chips and salsa..(stupid woman)...I ordered (for several of us, not just me), a fancy guac that had mangos and strawberries in it, (and ate too much of it, too fast), and then I was getting full so I ordered an appetizer for a meal, (this was the first time we had been to this place and I didn't want to hold anybody up, so I didn't read the description thoroughly and just ordered it), and it was basically a low bowl of too-salty melted Jack cheese with a few slivers of bell peppers and mushrooms tossed on it...on the right hand side of the wooden plank there was a small dish towel with very, very small corn tortillas in it......they were a little bit bigger than a silver dollar......I got one out and threw some cheese and veggies in it.....I was getting full......so, I kinda messed around with just a couple more bites of cheese, (well, I really didn't have a choice because my 80-year-old friend kept sneaking onto my plate and stealing all the tiny tortillas---she originally asked me if she could have one and then she ate ALL of them), so basically, my meal was a few bites of melted chese...sigh.. And then they brought out a white, 1-layer, birthday cake......the icing was the old-fashioned recipe that you make with powdered sugar and shortening......I scraped off as much icing as I could and slowly ate the cake......dang, did I get sick at my stomach! I have nobody to blame but me, stupid woman.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:14 PM

What are we going to do eith you , silly girl.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM

I FORGOT to post in the Freebie Chat this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Got the news this morning that hubby will be working 1-9 with Sunday and Monday off ...
At least you don't have kids around who will not be seeing dad for 6 months. That can be a tough
shift to get used to since by the time you get home, eat and relax....it is already so late. I have
the option of changing my shift back to mornings, but I like the group of people (and the supervisor)
I work with at the night shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

We went to a birthday dinner last night and I did everything wrong......I came home SICK. I was so hot and thirsty and I gulped a strong margarita...(stupid woman)....
Makes you feel old when you need an alka seltzer chaser after a cocktail.
Lord I miss the days when I could drink like a cowboy.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
We rented that true whale movie filmed in Alaska last night....with Drew Barrymore....pretty good.

I ate 'real food' yesterday.......broasted chicken, raddishes from the garden, a little bit of potato salad, grapes, etc......stupid woman is gone for now......what a stupie poopie!

We have clouds today but they are kinda blowing away.....and it is cooler, but it's early......dang, was hoping for a quick downpour......anything to help that fire.....

These glasses that I wear around the house are getting weaker and weaker.......the glasses that I carry in my purse, (newer), are a bit stronger...... I hate wearing glasses, which I am doing more and more..... I'm getting old....

Okay, on to chores.......just got on to list my recent freebies before I forget......another wonderful old-age thing......forgetfulness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff