Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Maybe you could talk Mr C in building you guys a fancy one.....
We're gunna need a bigger store!!! :

Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Hey, Camper! Ketabcha's getting all our wet stuff. D/FW airport was flooded in this morning with flights cancelled because of heavy rain. I hope she's ok and I hope some of that rain make sit down our way.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hey, Camper! Ketabcha's getting all our wet stuff. D/FW airport was flooded in this morning with flights cancelled because of heavy rain. I hope she's ok and I hope some of that rain make sit down our way.
I was talking to a friend this morning. Said she has a friend in Dallas, the got 5 inches!!!!

That's just wrong!!

It started raing here this morning and before I could reach for the phone it quit. Evaporated before it hit the ground.

How'd the shopping go? Get much?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:06 AM

I got a lot of thunder but nothing wet today.

But I did get to do a good deed while grocery shopping. I had bought only a few things when my foot started hurting so badly I could barely stand up. So I checked out and behind me in line was an older lady (probably mid-80's) admiring my three bags of fresh cherries.

While the cashier was ringing up my few items, the older lady asked him if he could just ring up the same price for her and then she could pick up a bag of cherries for herself on her way out of the store. He explained that he couldnt do that because the price was per pound and each bag was a different weight. She looked really sad about not being able to get a bag of cherries.

So, after I'd paid for my order and the cashier had bagged everything up for me, I turned to the older lady, handed her one of my three bags of cherries and said "Enjoy". The look on her face was worth much more than what I paid for that bag.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I'm fine. Noah did not have to be called but we got a lot of rain yesterday and a wee bit today.

Dallas really got clobbered. A couple of building were actually destroyed. Dallas has had some problem areas that flood often. It happened again yesterday.

We're expecting more rain tomorrow and I love it. After having to deal with parched earth the last couple of years has been the pits. It's nice to look out the window and see green grass, trees and shrubs.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:37 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

So, after I'd paid for my order and the cashier had bagged everything up for me, I turned to the older lady, handed her one of my three bags of cherries and said "Enjoy". The look on her face was worth much more than what I paid for that bag.
That was really nice of you TFW! For her, the fact that someone was nice to her and thoughtful may have meant more than the cherries did. I think lots of people are depressed because they don't realize there are still nice people in the world.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Happy Friday!!

I didn't post last night because I was too tired. I took Tramadol, from my mom, for the past year due to hot flashes and menopause. Now that all that has seemed to stop, I can't justify taking the pills just to give me energy, so I had to stop. I've been a little low on energy the past week (tossed and turned for a few nights), but by next week, I'm sure I'll be back to normal on my own energy. If I took something when I didn't need it.....then what would I take if I DID need it??

Another rainy day for us. Our duck pond is beginning to look like a lake.
I hope all you guys get some rain as well.....and ketabcha doesn't hog it all.

I'm taking Izzy to school...it's his last day and they did have a water slide coming....but the weather is too bad. I guess they will have an inside party instead. Then I'm going to Walmart to buy more food. We run out of freezer space between the food my daughter buys and all the Marie Callendar meals I buy....so both of us have to go to the store once a week to stock back up.

I'll be back in a bit to catch up on my posting.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 AM

My kitchen is clean!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Obviously God loves Dallas and Ketabcha more than He loves Houston and me. No rain again today, although there was supposed to be a 60% chance.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:48 PM

We got about 25 drops!!! It was awesome. I was actually standing outside looking up for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff