Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 11:09 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times

Advertisements

Dang, one coast has the hurricane coming in and one has huge earth quakes and tsunami warnings. Guess I'd better go scarf up the rest of the turtles just in case the world ends today.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Nothing here but hoping for cooler temps tonight. Maybe it'll make my hives go away!!!!
Allergic or just stress? Did you take any Benadryl? That'll help.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I liked the picture of you waltzing... We should have voted today. I feel so guilty, we went shopping for new leather furniture. I just need something new in my life right now but OMG!!! Have your priced that stuff lately?!
We voted a few days ago.....I dropped the envelopes off at the firehouse. It's different here than in CA. You either mail it in ahead of time or vote on 'the' day. Here, you can fill it out, put it in an envelope and then drop it off.

Yes, we looked at new sofas right before my husband got into a wreck, (his first one in his whole life and it was on a private parking lot at the club---with the deductible and additional fixing that he has been putting off, rental car, etc., we were out over $4k. Just a small fender-bender but Lexus parts are astronomical. A motorcycle came in off the main road, they were both by a too-tall hedge, didn't see one another and collided), so that put it off until next year......but yes, leather is very expensive nowadays. I am going to have trouble picking one out when the time comes. I am so anal, get overwhelmed and it takes me months to make decisions. The living room area is small, (I'm in a Barbie House now). He has his big, dark brown leather chair and ottoman in it, (it matches the two big, dark brown leather sofas that we put down in the basement family room because we didn't have room for them upstairs), and I have 2 wing backs that I had recovered a few years before we left CA. They have blue, peach and beige in the material. (I had a huge, seats-at-least-8, custom, round ottoman made in CA. and I tied all these colors in with the new carpet that we put into the CA. house. We use that downstairs in place of a coffee table in front of the brown sofas---all kinds of uses for that thing....we even put our feet on it...occasionally...LOL).

I do not want any more material/fabric---it gets too dusty here. I hit the wing backs a week or so ago and dust flew out......I felt as if I needed to take them out in the yard and beat them like they used to do to rugs. Pickin's are slim in this area. If I could find the right color of leather, I'd love to order some from Costco, but stuff is sold in sets and I don't have the room for a bunch of pieces, not even if I give up the wing backs, which I've had for over 35 years and love.. We bought two huge leather chairs and ottomans from Costco a few years back, which are now down in our library....the quality is excellent!!!!

The sofa that we are currently using in the living room is dark blue, with zillions of pillows. Even though the pony doesn't get on it, he comes up to it and puts his head on it and I have to vacuum it off every day...it's like a magnet for WHITE dog hairs and is so unsightly. It was purchased over 35 years ago and just used in a formal living room that didn't get much use. I am so sick of it, it hurts my back and the pillows are a pain. It's shot and it's time to get rid of it, but I'll have to use it awhile longer. I can hardly walk when I get up off of it and it's hard to get up. I saw those fake-board things advertised on TV where you can put them under the cushions, but I am not gonna mess with it.

Oh, and in case you ever come across this brand: Hancock and Moore, do not hesitate. This is the Rolls of sofas.....(like I said, I'm anal and do research). They are very expensive, but you will NEVER have to replace them. It has to do with the way they are made, not the appearance. They have more 'ties' underneath. This is the brand of my 2 brown sofas and his big chair and ottoman.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Wow, Wurzig! The selection of leathers from Hancock and Moore is amazing. I never knew that some leather has actual cattle brands in it and wrinkles and barbed wire patterns.

I had a great time checking this out. Thanks for the lead.

Handcrafted Furniture by Hancock and Moore

Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Wow, Wurzig! The selection of leathers from Hancock and Moore is amazing. I never knew that some leather has actual cattle brands in it and wrinkles and barbed wire patterns.

I had a great time checking this out. Thanks for the lead.

Handcrafted Furniture by Hancock and Moore
Up to 80 hours spent on each piece!

My husband had emergency (and very much unexpected) eye surgery today.......it has not been the best day.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

My husband had emergency (and very much unexpected) eye surgery today.......it has not been the best day.
Oh no! Is he okay? Are you okay. That is so scary, Wurzig. I hope all is well.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:07 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,803,211 times
Happy Halloween Everybody!!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
From me too!!!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:

Hope hubby is OK. Ever surgery is scary, let alone emergency surgery. Went thru that with my hubby a few years back. Make sure and keep us posted!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,954 times
Quote:
Oh no! I hope that all the good wishes from your friends here will help speed him on his way to recovery.

I'm here to see if all are OK, after the problems with Sandy. I've been watching it on Fox News all day, and wow, it's a scary sight. For once, I feel safer here inland of Fla's west coast.
(Of course, those without electricity wouldn't be able to post anyway... yikes. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff