Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
HAHAHA!! I felt kind of oinky yesterday after eating so much food at my moms for our family Thanksgiving!! Hopefully, I'll walk some of it off when we go to Sea World for the actual Thanksgiving Day (figured it wouldn't be too crowded with no locals there.) It made more sense than my daughter and I cooking just for ourselves.

What is it with that calendar thread??? It has 8000 views!! I have no idea where all those people came from....it must be the result of lots of internet searches for calendars.

What does everyone else have planned for the week???
Camping of course! We go up and spend the night Tuesday, come back Wednesday, Cook Thursday, back to the camp ground that night for the rest of the weekend. Been doing it that way ever since my daughter started working. it's exhausting but fun. We even drive into town for Black Friday.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I don't give enough actual GIFTS to bother with Black Friday shopping.
The kids did decide they wanted Universal Annual passes this year....so Merry Christmas to them. I took care of that yesterday.

I'm glad I don't have to shop for lots of stuff or people. I think that would be annoying....and GOSH....so expensive!!

I do make stockings for the kids and grandkids with little stuff and freebies I collect through the year.

Anyone else do Black Friday shopping?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:10 AM

131 posts, read 158,070 times
Me, My mom and my sister used to make it a tradition to get up early and go shopping then do lunch on black friday. But for the last couple of years, the malls have just been so crazy that you dont even want to go anymore!!

Now I just wait till the last minute and do my shopping then. The prices are just as good sometimes!!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen145 View Post
Me, My mom and my sister used to make it a tradition to get up early and go shopping then do lunch on black friday. But for the last couple of years, the malls have just been so crazy that you dont even want to go anymore!!

Now I just wait till the last minute and do my shopping then. The prices are just as good sometimes!!
Hi maureen!!

To me, Black Friday is a young woman's game.

I'm now in my 50's and I can't go through that much commotion for ANY sort of sale. I would rather stay sane and pay full price.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:

Well, hi Maureen! I haven't been on a lot lately.....if you are new, welcome!

Hi everybody else! I am only on for a second.....had to list a few freebies before I forgot.....

I went Black Friday shopping last year.....got some good deals.....might go again...

My feet are 7.5 in case anybody wants to know...... If you buy me some slippers, get the next size up..

Keta, what do you mean broken in the birth canal? By the forceps? That's terrible!

We are going to our friend's house for Turkey Day....just found out that I am in charge of desserts, so I need to get to the store.... My husband has decided that he wants to help and wants us to make stuff from scratch, including the pie dough and real whipped cream...he said he wants to roll out the pie dough.....(we'll see how long this lasts----this, coming from a man with a genius iq who can barely put together a sandwich...he's good on the bbq though...).. I think he'd be good at kneading sourdough bread myself.... Too cute! He is going to have frustration but fun!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 AM

I doubt I'll get online tomorrow morning before I pick up the kids for Sea World...so HAPPY THANKSGIVING in advance!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow with their families.

Is it me or does that turkey icon remind you of Camper???

Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Thank you for kind "Welcomes"..........

I try to read all the posts when I can, and every time I do they always give me a chuckle and put a smile on my face!!! So "THANK YOU" (It was about time that I chimed in!!, I hope you dont mind!!)

Well, I have alot to do before tomorrow, So I too will wish everyone a Fabulous Thanksgiving!!!!
(DONT EAT TOO MUCH!!)

Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Oh yeah......Wurzig, I hope your pies come out tasty!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

I doubt I'll get online tomorrow morning before I pick up the kids for Sea World...so HAPPY THANKSGIVING in advance!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow with their families.

Is it me or does that turkey icon remind you of Camper???
What gave it away? Is one shoulder lower than the other?

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night! (Oh, that's next month, huh!)

Old 11-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah......Wurzig, I hope your pies come out tasty!!!
We are making brownies, 2 pumpkins, (one with coconut), and I bought 3 trillion green apples.....it's times like this that I wish I had one of those apple peeling thingies....those things that are metal and you anchor them down and stick the apple on it and twirl it around...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff