Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on a lot lately.....just a couple of times to wish people well for their new stars...(that doesn't take any brain power).....

If I haven't repped you for a good, safe 4th, well, I have to spread it around more before I can....you know the drill....stay safe everybody...

My week started out with the birthday and I had several lunches with old friends, which was nice. However, it's been very stressful week here....we showed the house twice, sold it to one family, did a bit of haggling, scheduled the inspection and termite guys, they put down the deposit, we signed all the papers, yadda, yadda, and then this morning, they decided that they wanted 'more back yard' because they do a lot of gardening.....I'm just so drained and devastated.... My sister-in-law is here going to a funeral and I was going to fly back with her to CO. and not come back until I bought a house...the plans were in motion....I contacted my agent in Ft. Collins...I checked out the flight times......things were in motion, dang it.....

My kid has had a huge amount of stress with summer school this week...she is carrying 15 units and doing it in a very short time......so, that took its toll, too.....

And my husband was schedule for one of those big colon tests and starved for 3 days and then we drove over an hour to the hospital, and sat, and sat, and sat some more, (several hours), and then they took him back in the room, put an iv in his arm and told him that the scope machine was still tied up so expect to lay on the bed for up to 2 more hours.....he told them to take the iv out and we went to eat lunch in the hospital cafeteria and came on home.....

I have the Margaritaville machine, TFW......I think there are 2 or 3, but I have the best one, whichever one that is....I just know it cost the most when I bought it and I can't remember what extra things it had on it....

We haven't even had the time to get an estimate on my kid's bumper......our deductible is high, so it won't be covered...... They'll cover the VW's bumper that she bumped, but of course, the rates will go up at renewal.....she gets a good student discount, but that will be eaten up with the increase.. No air bags popped out.....her foot just slipped off the brake as they were coming up to the stop light.....nobody was hurt.....just my wallet.

Have fun at the campground, Camper.....don't haul any firewood with that arm....

Hope nobody is in the path of a hurricane....... We've had a lot of June Gloom this week......I know you guys are sweating to death, but I have to admit that one night I turned on 2 of the heaters for a few minutes...(it's a big house and we have 3 furnaces)..... It was so chilly I felt as if we were living in Monterey..... If it is too foggy, we won't be able to see fireworks that are shot off over the ocean.....

Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Have fun, DKVA! Looks so nice!

Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
December 30.
Mine was born 2 weeks before Xmas.....they get a lot of gifts at one time....and then suffer for the rest of the year.....RIGHT!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,428,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
However, it's been very stressful week here....
Holy moley.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
wurzig, I'm so sorry about everything.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 PM

Wow, was the weather terrible today. It rained all day; the bayous overflowed and many streets flooded. But I got Queenie today!! She walked into my house, plopped down on a plush living room area rug and has barely moved all day.

Despite having been in rescue for two months, she's very thin. And she's very arthritic. We have a vet appointment Tuesday morning to get some arthritis meds (maybe Rimadyl). The rescue group doesnt know if she's been spayed (I suspect not) but, at her current weight, the vet probably wouldnt spay her right now anyway. And, at @ 8 years of age, she's probably too old to worry about that until she puts on some weight.

She's even sweeter than I'd hoped. While she was lying down at the horse ranch (where she was being fostered) this morning, several cats walked up to rub their noses against hers. One even climbed all over her. I put some stuffed toys next to her a little while ago and, after a while, she started mouthing them very gently.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/Img0009.jpg (broken link)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/Img0007.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,428,694 times
I have a feeling Queenie is gonna end up very spoiled

Old 07-03-2010, 12:55 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
BIG hug for Wurzig!!! Sometimes life is just so tough!

TFW, LOVE Queenie, but am more in love with all your white rugs & furniture. White is my absolute favorite decor color.

I bet Elke is in 'Oma' heaven!

Gand... do we know if it's a boy or girl?

I hope everyone else totally enjoys their weekend. Too bad we don't live closer together and could at least meet up for lunch.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:41 AM

Thank you all for being my friends!

Tonight my sister-in-law and her mom are here from CO.......they came out for a funeral....

My husband's friend died, today, too.....in Houston.....

What a mellow dog you have found, TFW! Gosh, she didn't run around and sniff any and everything.......just plopped down........just amazing!

Hope you don't need to invest in a rowboat, TFW!

Feel better, Ketabacha...(she has bronchitis)....I will write when I can......

If Camper reads this when she comes back......I have to say that I like the Lemi Shine or whatever it is called.......it really did improve the dishwasher......thanks for suggesting it.....

Okay, those melatonin pills do help......they just kind of mellow me out and I get sleepy......I just take one.....(of course, with the events of today, I didn't take it until I got up here a few minutes ago and it's 1:30 and I am not in bed yet.......LOL).. Okay, going to bed now......

Safe 4th everybody!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:53 AM

Queenie was being fostered in a horse barn with @ 12-14 other dobermans so I think she's been catching up on lost deep-sleep here. She's so sweet and so gentle -- and soooo thin. She woke me up this morning with a single whine to let me know she needed to go out. She had to have been an inside dog at some time in her life -- and someone had to have cared about her then. I try not to think about the past lives of my rescue dogs but I cant help wondering what happened that they ended up discarded and (in the case of my last rescue, who was saved by the Humane Society when he was being used as pit bull bait) mistreated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff