Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times

Advertisements

That pain management sounds interesting, Camper. Does the zapping hurt? About 10 years ago I bought a hand-held zapper that was designed to get rid of headaches. It did work but, after using it once, I had to force myself to apply the zapper to my temples. I finally gave up on it, although, as I said, it really did work.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
I took Queenie to the vet today. She weighs 51 pounds. The vet said that he's never seen a doberman who weighed so little. He did a full blood profile and she's fine on everything. As I suspected, she damaged her stifle (rear knee) at some time in the past (it's bone on bone there) but he feels as though a combination of Rimadyl and glucosamine will give her a lot of relief for that and for her arthritis.

The vet thought he could feel scar tissue from a spaying. So here's a dog who's totally housebroken and probably spayed. She's good with other dogs, with cats and with all people. She's absolutely no trouble at all; in fact, I almost feel guilty for getting such an "easy" dog. Obviously, someone at some time cared for her. So what happened that she ended up dumped off in her old age? Whatever it was, she's "home" now and will never want for love (or anything else) ever again.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:19 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I took Queenie to the vet today. She weighs 51 pounds. The vet said that he's never seen a doberman who weighed so little. He did a full blood profile and she's fine on everything. As I suspected, she damaged her stifle (rear knee) at some time in the past (it's bone on bone there) but he feels as though a combination of Rimadyl and glucosamine will give her a lot of relief for that and for her arthritis.

The vet thought he could feel scar tissue from a spaying. So here's a dog who's totally housebroken and probably spayed. She's good with other dogs, with cats and with all people. She's absolutely no trouble at all; in fact, I almost feel guilty for getting such an "easy" dog. Obviously, someone at some time cared for her. So what happened that she ended up dumped off in her old age? Whatever it was, she's "home" now and will never want for love (or anything else) ever again.
Maybe her owner died or had to be put in a home. Many of the abandoned animals also come from people who have faced foreclosure or eviction.

I'm glad you got such a great companion and friend!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:21 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I'm back!!! At least for 4 days then we're off again. we do this for 5 weekends. I was soooo tired this morning I didn't think I could drag my old butt out of bed but I did, and off to P/T I went. I got my own personal Empi pain management system to try for 30 days. You put these little electrode things on, turn it up, hit the go button and it zaps the snot of out you!! Lets just say I'm " snot free" right now. it's really pretty cool and helps you do more. If insurance pays for it I may just keep it for kicks. I wonder where all I can put the little things...
You and a Zapper are almost a scary thought. Bet Mr Camper won't be aggravating you!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:01 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
Quote:
That pain management sounds interesting, Camper. Does the zapping hurt? About 10 years ago I bought a hand-held zapper that was designed to get rid of headaches. It did work but, after using it once, I had to force myself to apply the zapper to my temples. I finally gave up on it, although, as I said, it really did work.
I think it's more scary than painful at first, then it's sjut like electricity running thru you. IT'S GREAT!!!!!

First snag... there's no one home today to help me put the little sticky things on the shoulder blades. No shockey for me.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:

How lucky Queenie is to have been found by you.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You and a Zapper are almost a scary thought. Bet Mr Camper won't be aggravating you!
All I need is a smoke...

Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing as GB....so many people leave their pets behind when they have to move......(evictions)....

Old 07-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I think it's more scary than painful at first, then it's sjut like electricity running thru you. IT'S GREAT!!!!!

First snag... there's no one home today to help me put the little sticky things on the shoulder blades. No shockey for me.
They are worth a free perm!

My dad had a portable one for his back....

And they hooked my girl up to one all the time at physical therapy when she tore her rotators.....the therapist could adjust it, so there was no pain, shock, etc..(it had so many gauges that it looked like a geiger counter)...heck, it was so relaxing that she wanted to doze.....

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think while I'm doing the Tip of the Day on CD....I'm going to do one on falling asleep to see if I can find anything to help you guys who are having difficulties in this area. I never have any problems sleeping, if anything, it's the other way around.
I've been so drained that I have been dozing in front of the tv for the last 2 nights and then I don't fall asleep until the middle of the night. I woke up with a slight headache today, but I don't think the little melatonin pill caused it......I went to bed soooo late and didn't want to make a lot of noise looking for my bite guard.....so I think that is the cause.....

We are having massive drizzle again......I really need to get outside to plant some flowers.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff