Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Did everyone go camping with Camper?

I'm so sorry I have to work so many hours these days and can't be online during the day.
This is the busiest time of year for me.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
I'm venting-I got a job offer from a major merchandising company. 25 hours a week-more money. I'm not a novice-asked all the key questions-ie hours & contracts with vendors.
Well despite all my questions I've been had! Thought I was being hired for 25 hours-well it's not - talking to my mgr could be 0-20 hours /week-no guarantee. Another lesson learned-talk to the area mgr-not the hiring mgr. Well this week is 1 hour. WOW
I need to strangle some one
1 hour? Unbelievable!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
Quote:
Did everyone go camping with Camper?

I'm so sorry I have to work so many hours these days and can't be online during the day.
No, and I used the cottonelle that I was saving for her, too.....

We had open house both days over the weekend.....one guy brought his wife back today to see it but we haven't heard back yet..(which is not a good sign)...we are having broker preview tomorrow.....and open house again on Sunday...... Clean, clean, clean, scrub, scrub, scrub....

Before all this, I planted/replaced 3 huge flats of sweet alyssum, some vincas and a few impatiens..... We are finally getting some summer heat......(well, it's hot inland, but not here, but too hot for some begonias that are out in the sun, so I need to go buy maybe a little 6-pak of vincas and replace.... Boy, if it wasn't for sale, my 'spring' planting would have been over long ago..... I plant a lot in the spring, but not summer....<sigh>

I had very bad headaches for 2 days solid.....it tried to come back today but I headed it off at the pass......(thank gawd!) Last night, I didn't fall asleep until 4:30 this morning.....I took melatonin tonight and I need to go to bed soon.....

Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
DKVA....1 hour this week? Why do they even need someone for one hour? I'm so sorry!

And, Wurzig, I'm so very sorry for your stresses. A house on the market is a big stress-er and you've got so much else going on too. I want you to know that I planted a St Joseph statue in my front yard for you yesterday. Some people think it's silly but a lot of people (especially we Catholics) believe that it can help to sell a house sooner. Of course, it should be planted in the front yard of the house that's on the market but I told St Joseph about your home while I was planting it.

I dropped a case of dog food (24 large cans) on my foot yesterday and it feels as though I chipped off a piece of bone on the side of the foot. So I'm limping a lot right now. No complaints, though...some of you have it a lot worse and I'm praying that things improve for you. In fact, Catholics believe in offering up their sadness, pain, etc for the benefit of others and I've been offering up my foot pain for Wurzig, DKVA and others. That may sound ridiculous to non-Catholics but please at least accept it as a token of my friendship and concern for you.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:33 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
I think that is wonderful TFW! Sometimes I spend so much of my prayer life focusing on my own self and my family, until I neglect to pray for my friends as I should. I'm going to take your post as a reminder from God to spend more time caring for others....instead of just worrying about my own back yard.

DKVA....how is the job market in your area? I know it is really rough here. We put up with so much crap at work that wouldn't have panned previously just because the job market is so slim.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:34 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
Good Morning to Everyone

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af217/alanouli/Miscellaneous/Morning.gif (broken link)

Old 07-15-2010, 05:58 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,323,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry. That really bites. It's a sad, sad world we live in now that an employer has to lie to get people to work for them.
You are soo right-I feel violated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
1 hour? Unbelievable!
Unbelievable is right!-I think they over hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
DKVA....1 hour this week? Why do they even need someone for one hour? I'm so sorry!
Now in hindsight-I think they over hire.

And, Wurzig, I'm so very sorry for your stresses. A house on the market is a big stress-er and you've got so much else going on too. I want you to know that I planted a St Joseph statue in my front yard for you yesterday. Some people think it's silly but a lot of people (especially we Catholics) believe that it can help to sell a house sooner. Of course, it should be planted in the front yard of the house that's on the market but I told St Joseph about your home while I was planting it.

I dropped a case of dog food (24 large cans) on my foot yesterday and it feels as though I chipped off a piece of bone on the side of the foot. So I'm limping a lot right now. No complaints, though...some of you have it a lot worse and I'm praying that things improve for you. In fact, Catholics believe in offering up their sadness, pain, etc for the benefit of others and I've been offering up my foot pain for Wurzig, DKVA and others. That may sound ridiculous to non-Catholics but please at least accept it as a token of my friendship and concern for you.
OMG-hopefully you're ok! Don't worry about me-I worry about you!

Quote:
I think that is wonderful TFW! Sometimes I spend so much of my prayer life focusing on my own self and my family, until I neglect to pray for my friends as I should. I'm going to take your post as a reminder from God to spend more time caring for others....instead of just worrying about my own back yard.

DKVA....how is the job market in your area? I know it is really rough here. We put up with so much crap at work that wouldn't have panned previously just because the job market is so slim.
I'll be fine-landed another job today -we'll see-how many hours?
Glory-you are a better person-I did sales back in Va for a major gum ,mint & candy co-in convenience stores-for me sales stink!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

Omg! Are you sure your OK? I thought I was going to die form the pain when I broke my toes, I can't imagine what you did!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
I got my mammys gramed today... this after a long therapy session. I thought I knew pain before.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
mammys gramed

Omygosh, I laughed out loud at this!!! (At the wording, not your pain)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff