Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 06:56 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

I pray that things are getting better for you, Wurzig. I'm back to taking three Excedrin PM when I cant sleep. I tried Sominex recently and it worked but I dont like the "woozy" feeling it gives me. I like the Excedrin PM because I'm fully alert when I lie down but I fall asleep right away and sleep very well.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Queenie was being fostered in a horse barn with @ 12-14 other dobermans so I think she's been catching up on lost deep-sleep here. She's so sweet and so gentle -- and soooo thin. She woke me up this morning with a single whine to let me know she needed to go out. She had to have been an inside dog at some time in her life -- and someone had to have cared about her then. I try not to think about the past lives of my rescue dogs but I cant help wondering what happened that they ended up discarded and (in the case of my last rescue, who was saved by the Humane Society when he was being used as pit bull bait) mistreated.
My youngest son (18) is staying with me for the next couple of weeks. He is such a dog lover and thought Queenie was so beautiful. He said he never thought of getting involved in the rescue dogs program.....but he would want to help a dog who just needed some love.
-------------------------------------------

We had a great time with my parents today!! It was a nice drive and holiday. Hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well.
I'm just happy I'm off work tomorrow!!!!
Does the mail run tomorrow? I lost the direct link I had for checking the mail delivery off days.

Last edited by GloryB; 07-04-2010 at 06:59 PM..

Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Wow, was the weather terrible today. It rained all day; the bayous overflowed and many streets flooded. But I got Queenie today!! She walked into my house, plopped down on a plush living room area rug and has barely moved all day.

Despite having been in rescue for two months, she's very thin. And she's very arthritic. We have a vet appointment Tuesday morning to get some arthritis meds (maybe Rimadyl). The rescue group doesnt know if she's been spayed (I suspect not) but, at her current weight, the vet probably wouldnt spay her right now anyway. And, at @ 8 years of age, she's probably too old to worry about that until she puts on some weight.

She's even sweeter than I'd hoped. While she was lying down at the horse ranch (where she was being fostered) this morning, several cats walked up to rub their noses against hers. One even climbed all over her. I put some stuffed toys next to her a little while ago and, after a while, she started mouthing them very gently.

OMG, TFW,

She is absolutely gorgeous. She appears to be so gentle. She's going to love you forever and you will do the same. Thank you for saving her.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 AM

I think while I'm doing the Tip of the Day on CD....I'm going to do one on falling asleep to see if I can find anything to help you guys who are having difficulties in this area. I never have any problems sleeping, if anything, it's the other way around.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think while I'm doing the Tip of the Day on CD....I'm going to do one on falling asleep to see if I can find anything to help you guys who are having difficulties in this area. I never have any problems sleeping, if anything, it's the other way around.
Hi GB! I've read everything I see on the subject. I take sleeping pills, muscle relaxers etc... to sleep, some things help, for an hour or so, but nothing puts me to sleep and keeps me there. I had surgery last Monday, and I asked the anathesiologist if he would give me an extra shot of whatever it is so I can sleep that night. It's the same thing Michael Jackson took to sleep.

What I've been doing is staying up all night one night, then sleeping the next night. Just sleeping every other night. It's certainly not an ideal situation. I'm always on the look out for something else to help me sleep!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 AM

I wonder what causes some people to have problems sleeping. Is it medically related in any way? I can work at night and drink coffee until 11 PM. Drive home and fall asleep by 11:30. And I know to NEVER lay down while watching television regardless of the time of day or I will fall asleep.

Hope you are feeling better Jess!! You were missed while you were gone.

I hope everyone has a great freebie day!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 AM

Oh....forgot to ask. Do you guys think it would be fun if I had a weekly list of the instant win online games from various products? Lots of people online win small product stuff or free coupons on those.
I thought I would check to see what you think.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Oh....forgot to ask. Do you guys think it would be fun if I had a weekly list of the instant win online games from various products? Lots of people online win small product stuff or free coupons on those.
I thought I would check to see what you think.
I think it's a GREAT idea!!!! Thanks!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Hi GB! I've read everything I see on the subject. I take sleeping pills, muscle relaxers etc... to sleep, some things help, for an hour or so, but nothing puts me to sleep and keeps me there. I had surgery last Monday, and I asked the anathesiologist if he would give me an extra shot of whatever it is so I can sleep that night. It's the same thing Michael Jackson took to sleep.

What I've been doing is staying up all night one night, then sleeping the next night. Just sleeping every other night. It's certainly not an ideal situation. I'm always on the look out for something else to help me sleep!
Oh no, not surgery... Did I miss a post? Hope your doing well.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
I'm back!!! At least for 4 days then we're off again. we do this for 5 weekends. I was soooo tired this morning I didn't think I could drag my old butt out of bed but I did, and off to P/T I went. I got my own personal Empi pain management system to try for 30 days. You put these little electrode things on, turn it up, hit the go button and it zaps the snot of out you!! Lets just say I'm " snot free" right now. it's really pretty cool and helps you do more. If insurance pays for it I may just keep it for kicks. I wonder where all I can put the little things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff