Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Gand is pregnant? Don't you mean Sucaro? (or who? I'm so confused---doesn't take much)....

Well, this week is weird....
We had open house on Sunday.......
showed it today/Monday and no sale....
Wednesday is my husband's birthday but we have to go to the memorial service out on the boat, spread the ashes, etc......it starts late in the day....
So, we changed his birthday dinner to tomorrow/Tuesday and the kid informs us that she has a mid-term tomorrow night so we had to change it to tonight/Monday....
So, today, I get up, make a cake, pasta salad, crock pot beans, (cooked them out in the garage so that I wouldn't smell the house up), all kinds of other stuff and then spiff up the house and have to leave at 2:30 while they check it out....(went to Costco and bought some LaBrea bread for tonight)....and of course, they preferred another house.....
The crystal goblets can wait until tomorrow....other stuff is pretty well cleaned up.....I'm beat...

Old 07-19-2010, 11:44 PM

He has always been very nice to me......do you live near him, TFW?

Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Howdy from me toooooo!!
Hey, your baby chick is raising both arms! Feeling better?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Gand is pregnant? Don't you mean Sucaro? (or who? I'm so confused---doesn't take much)....

You are right. I'm the one who goofed up. Not unusual.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:11 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I think SunCoastGuy lives in Florida. (I'm in Texas. ) I had sent him a message that I missed his posts and he replied by asking me to tell youall that he misses everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he joins us again soon.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hey, your baby chick is raising both arms! Feeling better?
I couldn't find a one arm chick waving. Yes, I feel sooo much better. But I still cant lift my arm and it still hurts like****. Still on the pain pills and pt twice a week.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I think SunCoastGuy lives in Florida. (I'm in Texas. ) I had sent him a message that I missed his posts and he replied by asking me to tell youall that he misses everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he joins us again soon.
Yes...he lives a couple of hours from where I live.

We used to have a SCG Fan Club, but I'm not sure if anyone is still posting in it. I'll have to check it out.

I dread the day. It is the first of my two 10-hour days this week. I can't believe I now have to work twice as many hours to get close to making what I used to make. This shouldn't happen to us as we get older. Oh well....life goes on. Actually, I'm okay once I get there....it's just hard getting myself into the car with enthusiasm.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM

Well, we are in the middle of birthday night......it has been an unusual day...... I did go out on the ocean on a fairly large boat/yacht/whatever with about 100+ people to do the memorial service, spread ashes, etc.......the overcast did not burn off today, but that was okay with me because I didn't get a sunburn out on the Pacific..... I got into a big hurry and couldn't find our sea sick patches, but I did aok without them..... The girls got to see some of their school friends that they haven't seen since graduation, so that was nice. I feel so sorry for my daughter's friend.....today I said, her mom is not going to be here to see her graduate from college, to be at her wedding, etc.....so sad.. Afterwards, we gave the girls the choice of continuing with the 'eating part', or else taking off and going to a restaurant for my husband's birthday dinner.....we went to a restaurant....for one of the hor deu'vres (I can never spell that correctly), I ordered sweet potato fries and they had sugar sprinkled on them and then there were 3 dips with them, (one was chipolte), and boy, were they good! Has anybody ever had sugar on them? In a few minutes we'll do the birthday gifts for him and then I can get out of these nylons and skirt that is tighter than it was a year ago....grrrr....... I hardly wear nylons anymore......what a pain..... How did I wear them all these years, dating all the way back to the days when you needed garters.......bleh?

C, we love all one-armed and two-armed chicks!

Did SCG just get too overwhelmed with cd? It can take over your life if you allow it...... Or has he been ill? I wish him a good day. He's nice.

How's the foot, TFW?

Hang in there GB......I know you get tired.....

How's the new job, DKVA?

Old 07-22-2010, 02:10 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I feel so sorry for your daughter's friend too, dear Wurzig. I've never had sweet potato fries but, after reading your description, I may try to find some. Sounds yummy... And I agree about nylons. I wore pantyhose every workday for 30 years. I wouldnt have dreamed of wearing slacks; now that's all I wear. It would take an act of God to get me into pantyhose again!

The foot is getting better. I'm still keeping it wrapped and staying off it as much as possible. Thanks so much for asking.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:32 AM

Wurzig, I've never had sweet potatoes like that at all. Only french fried or baked. I'll have to tell my son who loves those things.

No, SCG didn't get overwhelmed by the forum....he's too cool for that....the forum was overwhelmed by SCG!!

A YACHT??? You got to go on a yacht? This just makes my life sound pitiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff