Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 08:25 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I thought vacations were when stories were made.

Sorry I didn't get the freebies posted this morning. I was just beginning when I got a call from my youngest son needing a ride all over town for he and his friends for some stuff they needed to do. I was going to say no....but then I figured what the heck.....I really didn't have anything else to do today until I go to work tonight.

I hate they cut our hours....but I'm enjoying this free time. The only problem with working nights is that the kids think I have 'nothing' to do all day so they 'involve' me (specifically my car) in their errands.

Looks like Walmart are doing their samples 'in house' Hate that. I do imagine it saves them lots of money in shipping and gets people to their store. What do you guys think?
Oh yea, go get a sample and spent $100.00 while you're there......I know the name of that tune!

Sometimes my kid would eat the sample in Costco when she was little and promised me that she would eat it if I bought it...... I was such a sucker for a little blonde toddler, sitting in the huge shopping cart, looking up at me with her big, blue eyes and saying, 'mmmmmmmmm, yes, I'll eat it, Mommy!'

Well, house hasn't sold yet...... I am flying to Denver this Sunday to look at some investment properties in Ft. Collins.......it's a long story and not for the world to see, but we're not actually happy about it...not mad, but just not happy..oh well, it'll hopefully be some income... Bottom line is that we have to reinvest or else we get screwed big time with huge capital gains taxes.....(I originally thought the money was going to be used towards our next home......)

Old 07-29-2010, 08:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I dont have much time and read only Wurzig's post -- but I'm so sorry, Wurzig. I hope things start looking up soon.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times

Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Good Morning to everyone!!

Love that picture Gandalara! I need some sparkle in my day!

Wurzig, I think the trickle down effects of a bad economy is really beginning to effect us all. I talk to so many people every day who are hurting, jobless and losing what little bit they have scraped together. For the first time in a very long time....I'm actually struggling myself and have to watch every dollar. It's just tough. I have no idea where the future will lead....but we will all survive if we hang in there long enough.

Speaking of kids eating....last weekend I took my grandson to ChickFilA and got him some waffle fries. He saw them and started crying saying he didn't want waffles....he wanted fries. Couldn't get him to try one no matter how much I explained it. Usually, by the time we go there on Saturday evening, he's already eaten and only gets ice cream, then plays in the play area while I eat.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:07 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times
Hello friends! I have returned. I want to thank everyone who sent warm wished while I was away. It is good to be back. Time to go get some freebies!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I dont have much time and read only Wurzig's post -- but I'm so sorry, Wurzig. I hope things start looking up soon.
You and me, both! Thanks for thinking of me.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Hello friends! I have returned. I want to thank everyone who sent warm wished while I was away. It is good to be back. Time to go get some freebies!!!
We have all missed you! Welcome back!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Good Morning to everyone!!

Love that picture Gandalara! I need some sparkle in my day!

Wurzig, I think the trickle down effects of a bad economy is really beginning to effect us all. I talk to so many people every day who are hurting, jobless and losing what little bit they have scraped together. For the first time in a very long time....I'm actually struggling myself and have to watch every dollar. It's just tough. I have no idea where the future will lead....but we will all survive if we hang in there long enough.

Speaking of kids eating....last weekend I took my grandson to ChickFilA and got him some waffle fries. He saw them and started crying saying he didn't want waffles....he wanted fries. Couldn't get him to try one no matter how much I explained it. Usually, by the time we go there on Saturday evening, he's already eaten and only gets ice cream, then plays in the play area while I eat.
Sometimes I feel like we have worked our butts off for NOTHING! I worked outside of the home until my daughter was born. There were so many days when my husband got up at 4:30 to go to work and didn't get home until 1:00.....and he went into his office every weekend when he could have been home spending time with us. And now that we are trying to get to a slower-paced life....... I keep finding money on the ground.....I pick it up even if it's not heads up.....I figure any money found is a lucky day. A few days ago my left palm was itching which means you are going to get money......my palm never itches......hopefully that is a good sign that somebody will buy the house soon..... (I hope it didn't mean that I was going to find a penny on the ground when I took a walk......LOL)

Did you dip any in catsup? Maybe that would have helped. You can't help but laugh, even when they are crying......they are so funny when they are little.....

Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Welcome back, SCG!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Yes, welcome back dear SCG!!!!

Gandalara, that is a lovely sparkly!!

Wurzig, things will start looking up for you! I have extra copies of a great book "The Secret"...something along the lines of "The Power of Positive Thinking" but more reader-friendly. I'd be glad to send you (or anyone else who'd like a copy) one. I'm not a New Age Self-Help person by any means -- and I guess maybe this book sorta is -- but, when I practice the book's recommendations, I always feel better -- and better things start happening to me.

Glory, you've outdone yourself with all the great freebies!! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff