Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 09:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I had never heard of Stanley and Stella (except as characters in A Streetcar Named Desire) until y'all started talking about them.
Oh good Lord....do you think they named the characters after the paper dolls or vice-versa?

Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 PM

I ate some chocolate at work and now my tooth is really hurting.
Between fried foods hurting my stomach and sweets hurting my teeth....
one would THINK that I'd be all skinny.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:15 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I ate some chocolate at work and now my tooth is really hurting.
Between fried foods hurting my stomach and sweets hurting my teeth....
one would THINK that I'd be all skinny.
Ah, if pains were brains, I'd be so thin!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM

I was posting along in all the other forums this morning wondering why I had so much free time....then I realized I hadn't came to the Freebie forum at all.

My tooth is much better. My mom always save me a variety of pills since I don't have health insurance. I did have some amoxicillan (sp?) on hand that I could take. I also have some other 'fun' stuff....but I don't want to drive or go to work on those.

A friend of mine at work has a homeless ministry where they distribute food. We have a whole group of homeless vets who live along the river in the woods behind our house....so my son takes them food from my friend's ministry since it could be dangerous for a woman to go back there. This all started when one of them was eaten by an alligator last year and we were sending our condolences to his brother. Since then, we give them food, blankets, other camping type household items since they
live in tents.

My son asked me this morning if I wanted to donate my shampoo samples and stuff that I get for free................
I said NO and now I'm feeling all stingy.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
I was posting along in all the other forums this morning wondering why I had so much free time....then I realized I hadn't came to the Freebie forum at all.

My tooth is much better. My mom always save me a variety of pills since I don't have health insurance. I did have some amoxicillan (sp?) on hand that I could take. I also have some other 'fun' stuff....but I don't want to drive or go to work on those.

A friend of mine at work has a homeless ministry where they distribute food. We have a whole group of homeless vets who live along the river in the woods behind our house....so my son takes them food from my friend's ministry since it could be dangerous for a woman to go back there. This all started when one of them was eaten by an alligator last year and we were sending our condolences to his brother. Since then, we give them food, blankets, other camping type household items since they
live in tents.

My son asked me this morning if I wanted to donate my shampoo samples and stuff that I get for free................
I said NO and now I'm feeling all stingy.
It's nice that you guys do that but don't fell stingy. If you can use it then keep it. My mom always taught us charity begins at home.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 AM

400 posts, read 497,940 times
Whats with Subway? I ordered a sub yesterday and took it home to eat. There's not much in it and the white bread was kinda old and dry.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Ah, if pains were brains, I'd be so thin!
....and smart.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Whats with Subway? I ordered a sub yesterday and took it home to eat. There's not much in it and the white bread was kinda old and dry.
The manager may be lazy or just cutting financial corners.
Write a quick email to Subway.
You'll probably get a free sub out of it.

Subway Customer Service Link:
SUBWAY Restaurant Customer Service Form

Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Oh good Lord....do you think they named the characters after the paper dolls or vice-versa?
Flat Stanley is named Stanley Lambchop and based on a book written in 1964. Stanley and Stella of "Streetcar" fame were written about much earlier than that in 1947. So "Streetcar" came first by nearly 20 years. I just looked all of this up.

I have friends who had two cats who are sister and brother. Their names are Stella and Stanley (names from Streetcar). Stella the Diva Cat now lives with me and there is nothing flat about her.

http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/...ey_project.htm

Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Flat Stanley is named Stanley Lambchop and based on a book written in 1964. Stanley and Stella of "Streetcar" fame were written about much earlier than that in 1947. So "Streetcar" came first by nearly 20 years. I just looked all of this up.
I'm almost certain this wealth of information will never benefit me in the future, but it WAS interesting.

I spent a lot of time this week watching documentaries on rock bands. I am now a walking encyclopedia on a whole variety of people.

I ate a hamburger for lunch and it made me really sick. I couldn't even get it together to go to work. After it was over, I was fine, but it is REALLY getting old never knowing what I can eat without getting ill. Maybe I should just go ahead and take Prilosec on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff