Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 01:13 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
That would probably work better. I've never tried the subscribed list option.

It's just about time for me to head to work. The four hours do go by quite fast....but I have to whine about something.
------------------------------------
Update: Tire as flat as a board. My daughter apologizes for forgetting to tell me it looked really low yesterday afternoon.
I have decided to stay home. I'll deal with the tire later.
Nail in it?

Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I was posting along in all the other forums this morning wondering why I had so much free time....then I realized I hadn't came to the Freebie forum at all.

My tooth is much better. My mom always save me a variety of pills since I don't have health insurance. I did have some amoxicillan (sp?) on hand that I could take. I also have some other 'fun' stuff....but I don't want to drive or go to work on those.

A friend of mine at work has a homeless ministry where they distribute food. We have a whole group of homeless vets who live along the river in the woods behind our house....so my son takes them food from my friend's ministry since it could be dangerous for a woman to go back there. This all started when one of them was eaten by an alligator last year and we were sending our condolences to his brother. Since then, we give them food, blankets, other camping type household items since they
live in tents.

My son asked me this morning if I wanted to donate my shampoo samples and stuff that I get for free................
I said NO and now I'm feeling all stingy.
I forgot: is your son living with you again or living at another place? If another place, he can order his own.....

Old 05-15-2012, 01:25 AM

I never heard of Flat Stanley when I was a kid......I don't think anybody else in CA. did either.....

He and I drove all the way to Missoula (almost 900 miles) on Thursday. Friday, we emptied out the dorm and took our girl and her friends to dinner........ Saturday we got up before sunrise and got ready for graduation......it was chilly in the a.m. but warmed up and was a beautiful day. They had the huge graduation in the stadium, we had a brunch elsewhere on campus and then we had smaller ones for the majors........her smaller one was out on a lawn......it was really nice. She looked so pretty and was very happy! Saturday was long, but we drove all the way to Billings afterwards.....Sunday we woke up and had breakfast at a place that my girl and I found a few weeks ago when we were there.....and then we drove home......LONG DRIVE...... Saw all kinds of wildlife again.......so neat! We slept by the river in Missoula......I just love to hear that sound......it is so relaxing......
So, starting late yesterday and all day today, I washed clothes......many, many loads.......and we are starting to put away her stuff........dang, I'm beyond exhausted!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 AM

Hope everybody had a nice Mother's Day. Mine was spent in a car, but that's okay. I was with my girl!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hope everybody had a nice Mother's Day. Mine was spent in a car............
Well, for many moms, it was being in a car that started the whole thing.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I forgot: is your son living with you again or living at another place? If another place, he can order his own.....
He's back with me....but he IS doing his own laundry now.

He really wants to go to Full Sail College which specializes in entertainment media, but at this time....I surely don't have that much money. My ex-boss is actually head of finance there, so he's going in to speak with her to see what his options are. I do admit he's gifted musically and does make decent money selling music online, but I guess I still don't understand why anyone would go to college to major in music engineering.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:

He really wants to go to Full Sail College which specializes in entertainment media, but at this time....I surely don't have that much money. My ex-boss is actually head of finance there, so he's going in to speak with her to see what his options are. I do admit he's gifted musically and does make decent money selling music online, but I guess I still don't understand why anyone would go to college to major in music engineering.
Glory, he will find his way in life and it will all be fine ... maybe just not in your lifetime ,. I just couldn't help myself on that one....

I would think the music engineering would be a great field with a big future. Think about it, there is ALWAYS going to be music. and any college is a good thing. There are TONS of people with degrees in one thing working in another field.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Glory, he will find his way in life and it will all be fine ... maybe just not in your lifetime ,. I just couldn't help myself on that one....

I would think the music engineering would be a great field with a big future. Think about it, there is ALWAYS going to be music. and any college is a good thing. There are TONS of people with degrees in one thing working in another field.
Their recording arts program is $77,000.....
They also have a more affordable online option that he is checking into.

You are right. This is NOT in my future:

Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Well, for many moms, it was being in a car that started the whole thing.
And you know this because.........?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:

I was wondering about the laundry.......does he still have that greasy oil company job? (can't remember what it is)....

Well, I am glad he is thinking about the future...... Maybe he can show hardship and get a grant......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff