Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 09:22 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,489,771 times

Advertisements

Here's another great discount site about which Bob told me.

It looks like the deals start at Noon EST and run for 24 hours -- but I'm not sure about that yet. This deal has 12 more hours to go.

Anyway, I bought a couple of these knives. I have one male in-law who'd like this -- and, since I go out to schoolyards late at night to let Queenie run, I arm myself with pepper spray and could use one of these as a backup.

$1.00 plus $4.99 shipping.

Sale of Today: The best deals around!

Description

Whetstone™ TAC Force Speedster Spring Assist 440 Stainless

The modern design of this excellently crafted folding knife is complimented by its sharp 3.25 inch stainless steel blade which features a resilient black coated finish with an easy open tab. The blade is spring assisted for easy open and emblazoned with an image of a fully automatic weapon. The handle features contemporary styling with a durable black finish and liner lock blade lock. The knife also includes a convenient carrying pocket clip and is 4.375 inches in length closed.

Features include:

* 440 Stainless Steel
* 3.5 inch blade with black coated finish
* Easy open tab
* Spring Assist
* Handle features contemporary styling with durable black finish
* Liner-Lock blade locking design
* Convenient carrying pocket clip
* 4.625 inches in length closed
* 8 inches in length open

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/knife.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 10:19 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,868,072 times
Bob is corrupting you

Be careful with this!

Last edited by bobrainman; 10-09-2011 at 10:27 PM..

Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Thanks for the advice! But you've already corrupted me.

Actually, my area is not safe at all, especially for a woman and especially late at night. I've thought about taking some gun classes and getting a concealed handgun permit. But guns scare me, especially with grandkids and dogs in the car.

I was the victim of an attempted car-jacking in broad daylight, on a Sunday afternoon, at a fairly-crowded intersection. An old beater car with five large men of color rammed the back of my Jeep five times at a stop light. Then they all got out and stood by their car doors, waiting for me to get out. No way was I going to get out without some protection then!

I had just had lasik eye surgery and had a pair of goggles to protect my eyes from the wind. So I put them on very quickly. They looked like the goggles that shooters wear. I grabbed my eyeglass case, jumped out of the car fast, took a shooter's stance and aimed the eyeglass case at them. They ran like cockroaches and left their car right there in the street.

I got back into my Jeep and drove to a suburb where I could check my car. It had no damage, primarily because the beater car's bumper was much lower than mine. I took a little while to shake and tremble and then drove to finish my errands. On my way back, I passed that spot and the car was gone. If I'd had a gun, I'd probably have shot out the tires. Of course, if they'd have had a gun, I'd probably be dead. But I was so mad right then!

That was in broad daylight. And I take Queenie out at 10:00 PM or later each night. I've always taken my dobermans out late because I dont want to scare anyone who might be at the schoolyard legally. I've encountered young men who were high on something and werent at all intimidated by my large black dogs. So this knife might be a good alternative to a gun.

Last edited by TFW46; 10-09-2011 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: Edited to add info

Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 PM

15,131 posts, read 32,394,293 times
I have that exact knife, but it's a Smith & Wesson. But I didn't buy it, I found it, and I keep it along with my large maglite (that doesn't work, but has batteries in it), and my pepper spray that I confiscated from someone at work one day. I've never had to use any of them, though.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:54 PM

I have a big maglite in my car too, moved. It IS heavy with the batteries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff