Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 01:52 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Ketabcha, I'm not asking you to reveal any private information but I wonder if you can let us know if Bob is still in the hosital. He's been on my mind and in my prayers so much. Thanks.

I don't know, TFW. I've called him twice since the hospitalization began and he told me not to call him so much. So, I have not called him again.

It's hard for him to talk. He's on oxygen. Breathing problems.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I don't know, TFW. I've called him twice since the hospitalization began and he told me not to call him so much. So, I have not called him again.
It's hard for him to talk. He's on oxygen. Breathing problems.

Thanks for this update, Ketabcha. I presume, then, that he's still in the hospital. If you do talk with him again, please let him know how very much we miss him and how much we're either praying for him or sending him positive vibes. I saw "we" because I know everyone else feels the same. Bob is so loved.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Thanks for this update, Ketabcha. I presume, then, that he's still in the hospital. If you do talk with him again, please let him know how very much we miss him and how much we're either praying for him or sending him positive vibes. I saw "we" because I know everyone else feels the same. Bob is so loved.

I'll certainly tell him that, TFW, if I hear from him. I'll let everyone know if I hear from him.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:03 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Thanks Ketabcha - it's a shame he doesn't want to hear from you (or anyone I guess?) - people handle illness differently. Hoping he'll be on the mend and home in time for the holidays!

Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Thanks Ketabcha - it's a shame he doesn't want to hear from you (or anyone I guess?) - people handle illness differently. Hoping he'll be on the mend and home in time for the holidays!

He and I have always gotten along very well. We've talked on the phone many times (he has a Boston accent) in the last few years. At first it hurt my feelings when he told me not to call so "often" but I did some self-talk and realized that this is not about me. Duh! It's about Bob. He is sick and feels just awful.

I know that y'all care about him, too. I hope he gets in touch with at least one of us so we will know how he is.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:34 PM

It's a "guy" thing I think

Old 12-13-2017, 09:11 PM

It's not just a guy thing. When I'm not feeling well, I dont want anyone to contact me either. So I understand, totally, how Bob feels. It's not that he doesnt care for Ketabcha or that he doesnt appreciate her concern -- it's that he doesnt want to expend the energy to be sociable.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:47 PM

Still getting my free mags. which I am thankful for - otherwise: hoping Bob is okay, found out a relative (of my late husband) passed on Fri., someone else I know is having brain surgery tomorrow morning (and his wife has MS and is wheelchair bound), my best friends' cat of just over 20 yrs. passed....... pretty sad week.

Trying to end on a happier note: I had on a Steeler sweatshirt today and went to the grocery store - had to ask the mgr. (who was in the aisle ordering things on the gun) a question - we got talking about the game...... I'm not a happy camper about it but he was cool about it (he happens to be a Pats fan as he is from RI) - had a good back and forth - We Steeler fans are true, not fair-weather fans! Also saw some cute things posted on FB that made me smile

Old 12-20-2017, 06:39 AM

Thinking about Bob and hoping that he's well enough to be released from the hospital in time to celebrate Christmas. It's amazing how you can have such strong feelings of friendship with someone you've never met in person.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Today I received a jury summons in the mail. The courthouse is in the heart of downtown Houston.

The last jury summons I got was 34 years ago (back in 1983). That time I took a day off work and drove downtown early in the morning (traffic was terrible even then) and waited four hours (thank goodness I brought a couple of books to read) with 100 other people. Absolutely nothing happened -- we all sat there until the afternoon pool of people arrived and we were dismissed.

If you're over the age of 70, you can file for an exemption from jury service. I turned 70 last year so I'll have to think about it, but I may just take the exemption. There are two courthouses close to me and, if the summons were for either of them, I'd go without hesitation. But I hate, hate, hate driving downtown. I'm sure my blood pressure goes up by at least 30-40 points when trying to maneuer downtown traffic. I've been lucky in that all my jobs since 1980 have been in the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff