Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 09:30 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

Wow - that IS a first (to me at least) - no freebies here, lots of COLD though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 06:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
YOWSA!! The free coffee is more than just a "sample". It's about 8 oz. Although I dont usually drink coffee (I keep it on hand for my visiting daughters), I'm going to try it this morning and will buy more to keep on hand. I believe in supporting those companies who offer awesome freebies.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:06 AM

Sounds like a great freebie! (I don't drink coffee either, I'm a tea drinker)

Old 02-01-2019, 06:00 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
YOWSA!! The free coffee is more than just a "sample". It's about 8 oz. Although I dont usually drink coffee (I keep it on hand for my visiting daughters), I'm going to try it this morning and will buy more to keep on hand. I believe in supporting those companies who offer awesome freebies.
Wow!! Sorry I missed that one. I do love my coffee.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:50 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
Happy to have received a free sample of Persil.
thank you!

Old 03-08-2019, 12:40 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:

To my way of thinking it is impossible to have too much coffee on hand.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
To my way of thinking it is impossible to have too much coffee on hand.

My daughter would definitely agree with you. I love tea, but tea has more caffeine than coffee and I've had to stop drinking it because it raises my blood pressure too much. So I'm back to drinking non-caffeine flavored coffees.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
My daughter would definitely agree with you. I love tea, but tea has more caffeine than coffee and I've had to stop drinking it because it raises my blood pressure too much. So I'm back to drinking non-caffeine flavored coffees.
Are you sure? I looked it up one time and coffee supposedly has more (depends on the kind maybe?) - anyway, I changed from drinking my usual 3-4 cups of regular Lipton in the mornings to one (but then I save the bag, that does take out much of the caffeine if you look up how decaf tea is made) and have that for a 2nd cup either that day or later (caffeine makes me pee a lot, LOL) - I do not like the taste of coffee, I MIGHT have 1x/yr. a decaf w/Bailey's if I'm out somewhere cold and I need to warm up - but that's been a couple yrs.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Well, yes, you're right, Flamingo. Here's what the internet says:

Most people know that coffee has more caffeine than tea, right? That’s actually not quite true. While brewed coffee does have more caffeine than steeped tea, it’s because coffee is a stronger drink than tea. Tea leaves actually contain more caffeine than coffee beans.

Before brewing, tea leaves contain more caffeine than coffee beans. After brewing, however, a cup of coffee has more caffeine than a cup of tea. The reason for this is simple: coffee is a stronger beverage than tea.

I should have said that, for me, tea has more caffeine than coffee. I like strong tea. When I make tea, I use two teabags instead of one. When I make coffee, I dont add nearly so much as is recommended -- because I dont really care for the taste of coffee unless it's weak and has cream and sweetener added to weaken it even more. So I'm getting a lot more caffeine in my tea than I would in my coffee.

https://driftaway.coffee/is-there-mo...coffee-or-tea/

Old 03-10-2019, 06:50 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:

When I was in my early 30s we went to Scotland. Hard to believe but there was where I first had hot tea.
Yep, hot tea and Chinese food. I'd had Chinese food before but not the way the Chinese Scots prepared it. Instead of rice they used potatoes (AKA "chips"). I really liked it.

I rarely drink hot tea these days except for one cup at night. "Sleepy Time" tea. Camomile. It is a great sleep inducer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff