Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 06:44 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
So Jess....what did you end up doing?
------------------------------------------

My grandson was so surprised and cute this morning!! We already celebrated with our extended family, but we had a really great 'only the people who live here' day!! The kids got me a wireless printer....so I'm in coupon printing heaven now!

Wow....I found quite a few freebies for it being Christmas. I need to go now and actually order the ones I want. Many times I forget to do that!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day with their loved ones.........

Hey Camper....does your new super duper monitor make my butt look big????
nice Glory. I'm actually online looking right now for a printer. Mine bit the dust sometime back and I'm tired of not being able to print coupons I find online. What is a wireless printer?

Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
nice Glory. I'm actually online looking right now for a printer. Mine bit the dust sometime back and I'm tired of not being able to print coupons I find online. What is a wireless printer?
A printer that doesn't have to be hooked up to your computer. It picks up the signal from your computer/lap top across the room or down the hall. No wires.
It makes it extra nice if you have several computers in the house like we do.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
A printer that doesn't have to be hooked up to your computer. It picks up the signal from your computer/lap top across the room or down the hall. No wires.
It makes it extra nice if you have several computers in the house like we do.
so cool. I'll look for one like that. We have multiple computers as well. Does it have a scanner as well?

Old 12-25-2009, 07:19 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,318,662 times
Today, since 5 years being relocated out of our native NY, I was melancholy.

Before, in NY the nannies and I would be in the kitchen doing prep work-my dad would come in and do some clean up.

When we moved to Va it didn't hit me-I guess it was my kids and friends around .

Now, this Christmas it hit me. It is me,my husband and daughter. Our son is in Va.
Today, my daughter is playing Wii-my husband is on the computer.They both ask to help me but my husband has no idea in the kitchen & I give my daughter a rest as she is a 19 yr old in an apartment by herself ,is a full time student,working and cooking.

Here I am in the kitchen today all by myself doing all the prep work and cooking ( beef tenderloin, lobster tails,twice baked potatoes, breaded asparagus & port wine sauce)
I did Christmas cooking for so may years with my mom & my 2nd mom (mother in-law). I miss the commardarie (sp?) that we had together.

Next year, the grandparents are coming out here!

Old 12-25-2009, 08:01 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Today, since 5 years being relocated out of our native NY, I was melancholy.

Before, in NY the nannies and I would be in the kitchen doing prep work-my dad would come in and do some clean up.

When we moved to Va it didn't hit me-I guess it was my kids and friends around .

Now, this Christmas it hit me. It is me,my husband and daughter. Our son is in Va.
Today, my daughter is playing Wii-my husband is on the computer.They both ask to help me but my husband has no idea in the kitchen & I give my daughter a rest as she is a 19 yr old in an apartment by herself ,is a full time student,working and cooking.

Here I am in the kitchen today all by myself doing all the prep work and cooking ( beef tenderloin, lobster tails,twice baked potatoes, breaded asparagus & port wine sauce)
I did Christmas cooking for so may years with my mom & my 2nd mom (mother in-law). I miss the commardarie (sp?) that we had together.

Next year, the grandparents are coming out here!
Keep your eye on the prize: Grandparents will be visiting one year from now and the time will pass quickly.

I know what you mean about the melancholy that appears this time of year. My sister and I found a tape my father (born in Brooklyn) made every Christmas since 1956. The entire family was involved. So, I listened to it in the car on the way back from the family Christmas and didn't know who was speaking at first. It was Daddy but he sounded just like Frank Sinatra. He still had his NY accent back in 56. It was so heart-warming to hear him speak about the family and what was going on in the world every year at Christmas. I only got to 1960 by the time I got home but I was feeling so happy and also so sad. My father died in 1992. But for a brief period of time today he was in the car with me. It was indeed a very Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:35 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:

My grandson was so surprised and cute this morning!! We already celebrated with our extended family, but we had a really great 'only the people who live here' day!! The kids got me a wireless printer....so I'm in coupon printing heaven now!

Wow....I found quite a few freebies for it being Christmas. I need to go now and actually order the ones I want. Many times I forget to do that!!

naaaa....

Old 12-25-2009, 10:59 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
oh nooooo.........so sorry. I hope things clear up for you soon and you have enough food and basics to get you through.

I opened my gift from my wonderful daughter and thought it was a new monitor but is a 22" flat screen TV w/built in DVD player. Read the booklet though and it can be used as a monitor. Will use it as a TV though.
Thank you and what a sweet daughter you have! Last year my husband got me a flat screen for the kitchen with all kinds of gadgets.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
Quote:

Well, we had stuff for sausage balls and scrambles eggs, which is what we have ever Christmas morning. I think we could have gotten out this afternoon, but, I was in my "comfy clothes", and didn't want to change and go out to eat, and the grocery stores are closed. The family ate on junk I had gotten them for their stockings, and I had Cream of Chicken for dinner. The 1 good thing that came out of this was that my husband felt so bad for not planning ahead with gifts, so he gave some $$$$$$, so I can get what I want, and heck, they may even be on sale!

Old 12-25-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Well, we had stuff for sausage balls and scrambles eggs, which is what we have ever Christmas morning. I think we could have gotten out this afternoon, but, I was in my "comfy clothes", and didn't want to change and go out to eat, and the grocery stores are closed. The family ate on junk I had gotten them for their stockings, and I had Cream of Chicken for dinner. The 1 good thing that came out of this was that my husband felt so bad for not planning ahead with gifts, so he gave some $$$$$$, so I can get what I want, and heck, they may even be on sale!
I love breakfast foods anytime! And Cream of Chicken soup works for me too
Anytime we have food, a place to lay our heads in a nice,warm house we should be thankful. So many people don't have that much.

oooolala--I love $$$$$$$$$$ as a gift. Lots of sales happening the next few days

Old 12-26-2009, 11:52 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
LOL - I like that.

There's still weekend left - not camping???
Never over Christmas....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff