Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 01:07 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times

Advertisements

Deleted because I didn't read the rest of the thread, LOL

Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey GloryB, check out today's item!!

1 Sale A Day, Daily Deal
Are YOU talking to ME?????

However, I never drink and drive.....I slurp and sit.

That is such a cool site!! I could see it becoming a habit. I ordered the FM player that plays music off of your MP3 through your car stereo. Thought my son will like it once he gets a vehicle in the next couple of months.

----------------------------------------------------
Long day. We went to Sea World as a family. I brought this can of cheese-wiz and box of crackers for a snack. Can't tell you how much of that I actually ate today while the kids took the big fast rides while I sat with my grandson. We had a great time!! Beautiful weather.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Long day. We went to Sea World as a family.

What an awesome-sounding day!

I've been housebound since Thursday...took my car to the repair shop for "elective surgeries" (just nuisances like driver's power window stopped working, passenger side auto door lock doesnt work, etc) and wont get it back until tomorrow. I usually rent a car while mine is in the shop but elected not to do so this time. It's given me a chance to catch up on things that need to be done around the house.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:52 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

I've been housebound since Thursday...took my car to the repair shop for "elective surgeries" (just nuisances like driver's power window stopped working, passenger side auto door lock doesnt work, etc) and wont get it back until tomorrow. I usually rent a car while mine is in the shop but elected not to do so this time. It's given me a chance to catch up on things that need to be done around the house.
LOL @ "elective surgeries." It's a totally true description.

It's amazing how much we rely on our cars. I cannot stand the thought of mine being in the shop. I have even considered buying a second vehicle, a small pickup would be keen and neato, just for the times my CRV is out of commission. The thing is that it is never out of commission (knock on wood).

Then I become sane again and consider the cost of insurance, inspections, registration and think "what are you thinking? Wouldn't a new fence be a better use of money?"

Still....a little pickup would fit in the garage nicely.....

Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM

I have a 2004 Chrysler Seabring that is paid for which I plan to give my daughter. I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy another new (used) car for myself. I sure hate to pay full coverage insurance on a financed car.....part of the reason I'm giving my current car to my daughter....to save her on the high cost of 'under 21' vehicle insurance.

Kids should be born with some sort of credit plan to help their parents get them to 21.

It has been rough at work. We are really beginning to feel the effects of the current financial affairs of people out there. So many people out of work and really struggling.....small business owners going under. It is so sad.

Hope everyone had a happy freebie day...................

Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Deleted because I didn't read the rest of the thread, LOL
Every time I read this....I get all nosey about what you originally posted.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Hey all-I'm back-we were visiting our kids in Va-spent 2 nights in Va beach before seeing them.
Wow -it was so phenomenal to see the ocean. Eat great food-tuna,shrimp,flounder,scallops, NY pizza.
It was great to see our kids but very costly-paying back rent-buying a vacuum & going to Costco to fill pantries.
This was an very expensive trip! Hopefully in years to come come they will take care of us!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
It was great to see our kids but very costly

I understand! Mine are costly and I dont even get to see them very often.

Welcome Back!! I used to live south of Boston; that East Coast seafood is so good!!

Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
It was great to see our kids but very costly

I understand! Mine are costly and I dont even get to see them very often.

Welcome Back!! I used to live south of Boston; that East Coast seafood is so good!!
Mine are costly and I see them every day!

We are all glad you are back DKVA!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 AM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Happy to be back!

Off today-peace out time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff