Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

If you have no insurance, or your co-pay is more than the cost of the shot, here's some deals on flu shots....here is the information I found online about who is offering the flu and pneumonia shots at reduced/rebate type deals.

PLEASE read the end of this post for additional Swine Flu shot information and a link to the CDC so you make sure to have CURRENT information.

CVS - As per their circular - when you get a flu shot, you get a $100 coupon book.
Find Flu Shot: Flu Vaccine Local Store: On-site Flu minute clinics: Flu shot experts: No Appointment: from CVS/pharmacy

Walgreens - flu shot $24.99, 10 am - 4 pm, 7 days a week
Store Locator | Walgreens

Pathmark - As per circular, you get a BOGO flu shot when you purchase $100 of health & beauty care items (excluding baby items) from 8/28 - 10/29 using your Pathmark Advantage card; you'll get a certificate for the free shot for another person when you get your own; flu shot clinics 10/1 - 12/23
As per their website - when you sign up to reserve your flu shot you'll get a $50 coupon book.

A&P has the same programs as Pathmark
Welcome to A&P : Pharmacy Center : Online Prescription Refill page

Stop & Shop - get $10 off the regular $30 cost of the flu shot with your S&S card; flu shots are available starting 9/11
Pharmacy*-* Stop & Shop

Rite Aid isn't offering any deals at the moment; flu shots ares $30, pneumonia shot is $45
Rite Aid : Pharmacy : Flu Shot Clinics

Costco flu shots and pneumonia shots-
The flu shot is $20 and pneumonia is $35. They take cash or will bill Medicare if you qualify. You don't need to be a member to get the shots there (or to use their pharmacy. Tell the person at the door checking memberships that you're going to the pharmacy.
Costco - Costco Pharmacy Flu Shot Clinics

Kroger Pharmacies have flushots for $24.99 as well. No tax.

SavOn Pharmacies have flu shots for $24.99.

Most pharmacies will bill Medicare part B for your flu shot - your copay will be $0.

Check with your employer - they may have set up an agreement with certain pharmacies or may be offering shot clinics for a reduced rate.

If you are gettng your flu shot from a pharmacy, be sure to call and see if you need an appointment or not. Many chains only give vaccinations at certain times, and you may have a longer wait if you come in at a busy time (anytime on a Monday, the first hour after the pharmacy opens, and from 4-6pm).

This is the seasonal flu shot. The H1N1 flu vaccine is undergoing clinical trials currently (in beta testing for us geeks) and should be available in another month or so. The H1N1 flu vaccine will require two shots. It will NOT cover you for seasonal bugs - you still need the regular seasonal flu shot for that. for more info see cdc:linky bow wow [cdc.gov] PPS: This is the seasonal flu shot. The H1N1 flu vaccine is undergoing clinical trials currently (in beta testing for us geeks) and should be available in another month or so. The H1N1 flu vaccine will require two shots. It will NOT cover you for seasonal bugs - you still need the regular seasonal flu shot for that. for more info:
CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:04 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
My college has always supplied flu shots to Staff at $5 to $10 over the years.

This year they're talking about making them free to Staff, since the H1N1 is moving so quickly through college student populations.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
My college has always supplied flu shots to Staff at $5 to $10 over the years.

This year they're talking about making them free to Staff, since the H1N1 is moving so quickly through college student populations.
We have had quite a few cases here in our area as well. This is why my daughter was so spastic when the baby was so sick for over 24 hours. I actually have a friend at work who knew the pregnant girl who died a few months back and left also left a 3 year old without a mom. That Swine Flu can be some serious stuff.

I don't over worry....but we all have to take precautions. I never come back into my apartment without washing my hands first. You just never know what germs you pick out while out shopping or doing anything else.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 PM

615 posts, read 1,693,521 times
The H1N1 shot will be free, just so you know whenever it comes out, although children aged 6 months -24 yrs old, pregnant woman, women careing for children 6 months and younger, and those with health issues that might make them more susceptible will get it first. The pharmacy or docter can charge an admin fee but that is it. Also, for people aged 10 and older, only one shot will be needed.

washingtonpost.com
CDC H1N1 Flu | Questions & Answers Novel H1N1 Influenza Vaccine

Old 09-19-2009, 04:12 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
You folks are all so great!

Thanks for all the good information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff