Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
AKF AKF started this thread

178 posts, read 708,518 times

Advertisements

Are there any affordable apt. communities in Hockessin? I cannot find one on the web!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 03:48 PM

103 posts, read 513,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKF View Post
Are there any affordable apt. communities in Hockessin? I cannot find one on the web!

Thanks
I didn't find any either (relocating to DE for grad school, from WI). The only rentals I've seen for Hockessin are the ones listed by Realtors.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 AM

204 posts, read 845,754 times
There really aren't any apartment complexes in Hockessin, but there are a lot of apartments, condos and townhouses in nearby Pike Creek where there are plenty of rentals.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM

103 posts, read 513,353 times
Pike Creek is where I finally got my place... seems very nice there.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM

204 posts, read 845,754 times
And I believe Pike Creek (which is more an area than a town) was listed in Money Magazine's top 100 best small towns (2007 issue recently released). It really is a nice area.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:08 PM

28 posts, read 37,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly622 View Post
And I believe Pike Creek (which is more an area than a town) was listed in Money Magazine's top 100 best small towns (2007 issue recently released). It really is a nice area.
yes it was, and yes it is a nice area, looking to relocate from New Castle to that area

Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 AM

199 posts, read 938,313 times
Anyone have any websites that list apartments in the Pike Creek area?? Thanks! I notice it's a high rent (meaning income levels are fairly high) district. Are the rents also pretty high, comparatively??

Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM

38 posts, read 135,381 times
Thumbs down Racism in Hockessin??

Im not happy about Hockessin, first the population is 87.4% white and when getting gas today we were threatened and harassed by a guy, in his thirties, running the store in all black and that showed a arm fulll of swastikas, are they really ok with people like that running the show because I would think that someone would say something but no, the minority there is 3.2 chinese which mind their business I would assume and keep to themseleves and 2.0% Hispanic which I would assume come only from elsmere outside of hockessin because their are so many hispanics running the mushroom farms all throughout hockessin so that does not make any sense, their definately not living in Hockessin! They have little shacks right over the pennsylvania border (5 minutes away) that they have to live in. Another thing is the PAL center which is Police Athletic League which set to reach out to "At-risk" children but that doesn't make any sense when hockessins crime rate is nearly non-existant (please, somebody tell me where i can find hockessins crime statistics) and wilmington, even Newark (15 minutes away) have a substantially higher crime rate than Hockessin so somebody tell me how that works out or is that just a ploy to get taxpayers to pay for this fun new facility that has such a minimal amount of activities for these at-risk children than Wilmington that its too funny and so obvious its chilling. You know how long it took us to get the cops: 1 HOUR!!! We were told that they do not just dispatch people and they come they have to "free up" cops to respond because apparently Hockessin which has its special POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE (Is this some secret society, its starting to look it), and oddly this skinhead in disguise wore a masonic tatoo right below all his swastikas (all 7s). Today was a very enlightening day and I have alot of love for the beauty of Hockessin but is it really that welcoming of a home? you decide.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:50 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,405 times
No offense dude, but welcome to the freakin suburbs, lol.

That swastika dude was likely from Maryland. Hockessin is not an outwardly racist area. They might have gated communities to try to keep the area clean, but the area is very liberal and rich for Delaware period.

I really gotta say you just had a bad experience.. Hockessin is a wanted area to live in. Yeah, its white.. but not hick white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revellanotvanella View Post
Im not happy about Hockessin, first the population is 87.4% white and when getting gas today we were threatened and harassed by a guy, in his thirties, running the store in all black and that showed a arm fulll of swastikas, are they really ok with people like that running the show because I would think that someone would say something but no, the minority there is 3.2 chinese which mind their business I would assume and keep to themseleves and 2.0% Hispanic which I would assume come only from elsmere outside of hockessin because their are so many hispanics running the mushroom farms all throughout hockessin so that does not make any sense, their definately not living in Hockessin! They have little shacks right over the pennsylvania border (5 minutes away) that they have to live in. Another thing is the PAL center which is Police Athletic League which set to reach out to "At-risk" children but that doesn't make any sense when hockessins crime rate is nearly non-existant (please, somebody tell me where i can find hockessins crime statistics) and wilmington, even Newark (15 minutes away) have a substantially higher crime rate than Hockessin so somebody tell me how that works out or is that just a ploy to get taxpayers to pay for this fun new facility that has such a minimal amount of activities for these at-risk children than Wilmington that its too funny and so obvious its chilling. You know how long it took us to get the cops: 1 HOUR!!! We were told that they do not just dispatch people and they come they have to "free up" cops to respond because apparently Hockessin which has its special POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE (Is this some secret society, its starting to look it), and oddly this skinhead in disguise wore a masonic tatoo right below all his swastikas (all 7s). Today was a very enlightening day and I have alot of love for the beauty of Hockessin but is it really that welcoming of a home? you decide.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 PM

127 posts, read 490,081 times
Hockessin is mostly newer neighborhoods with large homes, which = mostly younger, educated young families. Your experience was isolated... but interesting.... did you contact the owner of the store? My guess is a freak like that won't be working there for very long.

I'd love to hear more about what happened to you. I'm wondering if this is a gas station where I go.

I absolutely agree with you about the PAL center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware