Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 PM

70 posts, read 138,148 times

Advertisements

hello all you C-D posters

I am currently visiting Delaware this weekend and enjoying my time here. Hubby and I are contemplating giving up the rat race and high taxes in NY and relocating to Delaware.

I am interested in the towns of Smyrna, Townsend, Dover and Middletown. We did not like Magnolia and Frederica at all....way too rural for us.

I'd love to hear about builders and nice communities. we were impressed with Bestfield Homes, Wilkinson Homes, LC Homes and Ryan Homes. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 AM

53 posts, read 112,889 times
We purchased a home in Spring Arbor --McKee builders. It is a 55 and older community in Middletown Although we have just met a couple in their 40's who just recently moved in. We are very pleased with our home and it's location .
Pat

Old 02-21-2012, 03:43 PM

gee...no one else commenting??? I think we're leaning towards Bestfields, Ryan and Stonewood Builders

Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errin1 View Post
gee...no one else commenting??? I think we're leaning towards Bestfields, Ryan and Stonewood Builders

We too, are from LI and are readying our home for sale now but we are set to settle in Rehoboth. We laugh as the topic is all about the traffic during the summer and we have been there in the summer and it is still better than the LIE year round!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM

Isn't that the truth,,,nothing worse than trying to get to Jones Beach in the summer....what a nightmare.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM

40 posts, read 227,155 times
Hands down MOT area! They lump Middletown, Odessa, and Townsend together. Dover just seems run down to me and Smyrna there is nothing there. Plus if you have kids, MOT area has one of the best school districts in the area.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM

40 posts, read 227,155 times
Summit Pond, Fox Hunter Crossing, Back Creek, Parkside are just some ideas of beautiful neighborhoods here in Middltown.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 AM

347 posts, read 863,815 times
Many things to consider. Are you looking for quick delivery, can you wait to be built, do you want a monthly HOA fee, lot size etc? There certainly are plenty of homes/builders to make your selection from.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:40 PM

I can wait for the build. Hubby doesn't mind an HOA, I'm still on the fence about them. I'm coming from Nassau County in NY....anythings cheaper than here. My current tax burden is over 10,000 a year. We'd like to move next year but if something were to come along that moves me...we'd move sooner. I'd like to be on at least 1/3 acre. like the MOT section but I don't like how expensive the homes get just because you're in New Castle. I did think Middletown was nice and I liked the Estates at St Annes but we realize those houses are too big for us. I just want to find a reliable builder.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 AM

407 posts, read 967,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
We too, are from LI and are readying our home for sale now but we are set to settle in Rehoboth. We laugh as the topic is all about the traffic during the summer and we have been there in the summer and it is still better than the LIE year round!!!
I am on LI and moving to DE as soon as possible (we have a few legal issues that have to be complete first)...hopefully by the summer. Anyway...can't agree with you more about the traffic...with 1 exception! 95 by the Christiana Mall....have never seen so much traffic getting off an exit as there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware