Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 13,185 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our 3 children live in the Baltimore suburbs. Six years ago we bought a house between Fenwick and Selbyville to enjoy time away mostly in the summer but off season too. Now that our children are involved in sports and friends etc, we are not able to spend time there as much as we would love to. Problem is we can't sell the house. It is a awesome house and a great community but the market is so bad right now. We've lowered our prices and offered closing costs but no one seems to be buying.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can reach some buyers? We would like to take the money and put what little equity we have into college savings plans.

Any suggestions would be helpful, we've been trying for over a year to sell.

Thanks.
Matt, Luke and Jenna's Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM

957 posts, read 3,700,226 times
Nothing you can really do except wait for people to start buying again. Sussex County does not have a lot of money floating around. The average working class resident can barely afford a house...Some cant, which accounts for the sharp increase in forclosures....and that increase in forclosures has made the lenders tighten up a little.

The people here with the means to own a nice home are coming here from out of state and are mostly looking for something in a 55+ community or something similar. Doesn't help that builders have flooded the market with new homes that they can't sell either.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM

199 posts, read 938,508 times
BeachMom,

My wife and I are from Eastern Balto. County. Born and raised.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,339 times
Default Beach home

my wife & I are interested in buying in Fenwick,
we have spent many weekend & holidays at my Bro-inlaws place on Madison across from Harpoon Hannas. were is your place located?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
My husband and I and our 3 children live in the Baltimore suburbs. Six years ago we bought a house between Fenwick and Selbyville to enjoy time away mostly in the summer but off season too. Now that our children are involved in sports and friends etc, we are not able to spend time there as much as we would love to. Problem is we can't sell the house. It is a awesome house and a great community but the market is so bad right now. We've lowered our prices and offered closing costs but no one seems to be buying.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can reach some buyers? We would like to take the money and put what little equity we have into college savings plans.

Any suggestions would be helpful, we've been trying for over a year to sell.

Thanks.
Matt, Luke and Jenna's Mom
You can offer the agent who brings the seller 1 or 2 grand. Just a suggestion.
We resorted to that at the advice of our agent and it worked.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossHoss View Post
my wife & I are interested in buying in Fenwick,
we have spent many weekend & holidays at my Bro-inlaws place on Madison across from Harpoon Hannas. were is your place located?
Our place is a 4br/3ba townhouse in Bayville Shores, not far from Madison Ave, less than a mile down 54 right past Smitty's. There is an awesome view of the bay, great fishing/crabbing and kayaking. I'm going to miss it. When the kids are older and don't want us around as much we'll probably buy a pre-retirement home there again.

You can email me for more info joannmhess@comcast.net.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:11 PM

199 posts, read 938,508 times
BeachMom,

Smitty McGee's - one of our favorite haunts. My wife loves the raw oysters.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
BeachMom,

Smitty McGee's - one of our favorite haunts. My wife loves the raw oysters.
We would spend more time at Smitty's if we didn't have to find a babysitter for the kids. But I love sitting at the bar and playing the Trivia game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware