Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 AM

445 posts, read 1,984,825 times

Advertisements

According to City-data, there are 115 sex offenders living in newark and that equates to 1 offender per 261 people. This sounds like an awful lot. ANy truth to this number ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 AM

35 posts, read 135,656 times
That may be true. Newark is actually a large area of New Castle County. Most of which are lower middle class homes, apartments, and some mobile home parks.

I lived in a mobile home park that housed approx. 32 sex offenders. I was in a financial pickle at the time and had to put a roof over our heads, so I had limited options.

On that note, I would say that 32 sex offenders within a 10 mile radius would keep the numbers up in this area.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Look at the age of the sex offenders. Some may be high school or middle school kids where a parent has pressed charges because of a student having sex with a classmate.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:55 PM

445 posts, read 1,984,825 times
So would you consider Newark a safe city?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
So would you consider Newark a safe city?
There are sex offenders no matter where you go. We have 42 in little magnolia according to city data. I live in Magnolia and do feel safe in my community.
Lets face it, anything can happen anytime.....anywhere.
I'm sure there are parts of Newark that are very nice. Probably have to look around and visit a few places.

No city is worse than Philly and we lived there for 30 years.
My two cents!!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:18 PM

699 posts, read 2,895,670 times
Oh so sad what is happening in Philly. Hope some of their problems get resolved soon, not even safe going to Duncan Donuts.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Oh so sad what is happening in Philly. Hope some of their problems get resolved soon, not even safe going to Duncan Donuts.

Where we lived, it was pretty safe or we were just used to the Chaos.

I blame the problem on the city goverment. They cut necessary man power.
Also,
I believe Mayor street is a crook. He has not been acually caught but people around him were by Federal Goverment.
He just didn't get caught and now is term is almost up......Thank God.
Nutter is running and I think he will Probably get the mayorship. From where I can see, he seems like an upstanding fellow. Nutter and Street have had the head banging sessions and I dont' think they like each other.
Maybe it will be Nutter to turn the city around. Hope so anyway.

Remember just a few years ago, Camden NJ was the worse city in the country?
Now they have been cleaning up their act a bit. Maybe all the thugs moved from Camden to Philly.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 AM

137 posts, read 313,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
There are sex offenders no matter where you go. We have 42 in little magnolia according to city data. I live in Magnolia and do feel safe in my community.
Lets face it, anything can happen anytime.....anywhere.
I'm sure there are parts of Newark that are very nice. Probably have to look around and visit a few places.

No city is worse than Philly and we lived there for 30 years.
My two cents!!

Don't get me going on Detroit and crooked politicians!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
Don't get me going on Detroit and crooked politicians!

LOL..........Oh you have it too huh. I'm coming to the conclusion that ALL politicians are crooks in some way. Even the ones that aren't get that way after time.
I could go on and on about this but I don't think DE city data would want to listen to my political rants.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:27 AM

87 posts, read 333,113 times
Default Number of DE Sex Offenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Look at the age of the sex offenders. Some may be high school or middle school kids where a parent has pressed charges because of a student having sex with a classmate.
What??? Are you kidding or do you simply not have a clue about how the criminal justice system works?

Alternatively, are you accusing the authorities of somehow "padding" the number of sex offenders in DE? What would possibly be their motivation for doing that? Are the courts also part of this charade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware