Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,585 times

Advertisements

When are you moving? Mid June
Where are you coming from? Milwaukee
Why are you moving? Work
Where will you be working? Wilmington DE
Have you been here yet? No we have not
Will you buy or rent? Rent
How much can you spend? $1500 Max
Are you married or single? Do you have children? Married, 1 child elementary school
Do you prefer public or private schools? Public schools
Do you have pets? No
Do you want or need a yard? No
Are you keeping a car? Yes
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? Calm and quiet
What do you want to be closest to? Work and School

We are looking to move to a school district that has great ratings.
We are considering the possibility of Northern DE or Southern PA with no more than 30 minute drive to Wilmington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 03:37 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,068 times
In northern Delaware its really hard to find a good school district, you do have some good schools in each district but overall the public schools leave a lot to be desired. South Eastern PA has really good districts, like Unionville, Garnet Valley, Sun Valley, and Avon Grove, the problem on that side of the line is taxes. Back in the '90s the migration started with northern Delaware residents populating Middletown, Delaware and Garnet Valley, PA just because of the schools. Ask anyone here that knows Garnett Valley or Middletown 20 years ago, they were tiny schools, and now they are booming with people and great ratings, Middletown even had to build another high school.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM

145 posts, read 320,619 times
We live in the Red Clay school district. While the district is not perfect, I think it can provide most children with a good education. I will say that my childrens' classrooms are overcrowded and their school is in need of an update but in general I have been happy with the teachers they have had. I don't feel that Red Clay provides the proper resources to the schools which is a big problem. But with the current economy as it is, I am guessing that you will see some of that in every single district in the area. Overall, we are happy with our choice of where we chose to live in DE. We live in the Pike Creek area and find it to be a nice area to live.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:40 PM

201 posts, read 414,243 times
You could get to Wilmington in about 30 minutes from the part of the Appoquinimink school district that is north of the canal. The schools are excellent and mostly new or recently renovated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware