Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 AM

25 posts, read 90,888 times

Advertisements

Hello, so if you live in Lewes , or areas around Lewes, what would the traffic and drive time be like if you had to ride back and forth to Dover Air Base everyday for work? Would it be bad???

thanks,

J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 06:25 AM

9,730 posts, read 14,281,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
Hello, so if you live in Lewes , or areas around Lewes, what would the traffic and drive time be like if you had to ride back and forth to Dover Air Base everyday for work? Would it be bad???

thanks,

J
40 minutes or so, weekdays. Friday nights, going south, an hour or more, during the summer months. Bottleneck at Little Heaven going south. I travel that route most days.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:35 AM

Cool, thanks for your reply, so all and all not nearly as bad as say here in MD driving around 695 at rush hour or in most parts of AA county here in MD. Also, if you or anyone else knows,do they have contracts at Dover AB that require security clearences?

Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 AM

13,059 posts, read 18,146,601 times
I agree with RDLR. I live in Rehoboth and 40 - 45 minutes is correct and as she points out Friday and even Thursday to a lesser degree will take you longer during the summer. Not quite sure exactly what you mean by contracts, everyone that needs admission to the base for any reason must be cleared at the gate. In fact things have gotten tighter in that regard. If you are a civilian company working ON base, you will need to be vetted and cleared.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 AM

9,730 posts, read 14,281,218 times
Quote:
Cool, thanks for your reply, so all and all not nearly as bad as say here in MD driving around 695 at rush hour or in most parts of AA county here in MD. Also, if you or anyone else knows,do they have contracts at Dover AB that require security clearences?
Not too bad on Rt. 1 (Coastal Highway). It's a straight shot to DAFB. Friday night, going south during the summer is bad (mostly out of state tags). Don't know about DAFB clearance.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 AM

No I mean cleared contractors, contractors with high level clearence to work jobs at the base.

thanks,

J

Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 AM

Basically, I want to sell my house in a few years here near Annapolis MD and move on down near Lewes, Ocean View, or West Fenwick Island, but I will need some type of job for health care till I reach that magic age. I work at Ft Meade now and was thinking they might have jobs at DAFB that might use people with a security Clearance. I guess the only other type of jobs down those parts are in the health care field

Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
No I mean cleared contractors, contractors with high level clearence to work jobs at the base.

thanks,

J
SORRY I WAS WRITING AS YOU POSTED, DISREGARD THE ANSWER.
I am confused, sorry. You are asking if contractors with high level clearance to work on the base have to have a security clearance? I am guessing, that you are asking if both the company and the individual have to be cleared and he answer is yes. That would be something that the company will vett if you are going to be in a position to visit the base. Companies that ordinarily work on military installations use the same qualifications as the military since they know the worker will be turned away if they fail to pass the vetting.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM

There are always civilian jobs on bases or posts. Can't you try the office at Ft. Meade to see what is a parallel position at Dover?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 AM

6 posts, read 32,435 times
Not bad maybe 35 mintues. I know many people who commute to Salisbury or Dover. Driving south during summer season would be hit or miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware