Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,296 times

Advertisements

We are looking to purchase a vacation home in Rehoboth Beach and have looked at a K. Hovnanian project off Route 1 and a Pulte Homes project off Routs 24. Does anyone have any experience with either of these projects or builders? We are new to this, and any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 09:34 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alptrebing View Post
We are looking to purchase a vacation home in Rehoboth Beach and have looked at a K. Hovnanian project off Route 1 and a Pulte Homes project off Routs 24. Does anyone have any experience with either of these projects or builders? We are new to this, and any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

The only thing I can tell you is Rehobeth in the summer is a nightmare with traffic.
If you are the type person this would not bother, then by all means go for it.
We were considering a 55+ community in Lewes De which was a very nice community with the right price but due to the traffic in the area, there was no way I would survive a stroke.
There are nice communities in Kent County which are only 35 minutes from the beaches you may want to consider. Probably cheaper too.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,296 times
Thanks for the information. We're quite novice at all this. Did you look at any particular projects in the Rehoboth or Bethany area that you liked? We've seen a lot, but are concerned about new construction.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:04 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Thanks for the information. We're quite novice at all this. Did you look at any particular projects in the Rehoboth or Bethany area that you liked? We've seen a lot, but are concerned about new construction.
My husband and I were looking for 55+ communities. The one we found that was nice was Sussex West. they are manufactured homes.
i'm not sure what you are looking for but you also need to consider taxes. I think living by the beach is more expensive.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times
Quote:

Thanks

Hi alptrebing! If you are looking at Hovnanian and Pulte in that area, you may also what to check out this site.

Oakwood Village at Lewes - Welcome (http://www.oakwoodvillage-lewes.com/home.php - broken link)

The area has simply exploded in the last several years. Rehoboth/Lewes used to be considered the immediate areas around the towns. The concept of beach living has extended out to what was farm land, and there are a lot of choices.

There are many considerations....cost, location, schools, traffic, jobs, health care, etc.

I own property in the Bethany area. If I can help you in any way, feel free to get in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: