Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:05 PM

498 posts, read 978,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Well, I think you've hit the crux of the issue here with your bolded comment. How much do you know? And what is the source of your knowledge?
Am I incorrect? I'm not a smoker and I don't care enough about the issue to research more into it. Is there anything particularly harmful in e-cig vapors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 01:22 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,269,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrels View Post
Am I incorrect? I'm not a smoker and I don't care enough about the issue to research more into it. Is there anything particularly harmful in e-cig vapors?
You tell me. Feel free to expose yourself to them if you wish. If you end up with an illness are a result of your gut feeling(?) that they are harmless, then you may have wished you care enough to research it a bit more. I, like many others, are choosing to err on the side of safety until more is understood. Until health professionals do weigh in, the good news is that people who use the beach in Lewes no longer have to be exposed these vapors and chemicals either.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:06 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,795,481 times
Personally, I'll keep smoking my Marlboro Reds, as I am a drive on person anyway. I can sneak a smoke in my truck at the beach if I really had too. Even as a pack a day smoker I can go a few hours without one as to not disturb anyone......, and no, I never smoked in restaurants or bars because because others smoke irritates me, especially if I'm trying to eat.

As for the E Cigs, which I haven't tried and probably won't, much like legalizing Marijuana, there are always big businesses going to be hurt by the use, Niccorette Gum, and the patch business have already been known to be the ones claiming the Vapor from the E Cigs is harmful, I'm sure there are others as well. I haven't seen any proof, of it being harmful but I haven't looked real hard either.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 AM

495 posts, read 611,891 times
But e-Cigs, according to Baybees Pediatrics, are good for you and your kids.

Also on the Lewes-Cape May Ferry, I cannot find a spot on top deck of boat where I don't smell cigs

Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

As for the E Cigs, which I haven't tried and probably won't, much like legalizing Marijuana, there are always big businesses going to be hurt by the use, Niccorette Gum, and the patch business have already been known to be the ones claiming the Vapor from the E Cigs is harmful, I'm sure there are others as well. I haven't seen any proof, of it being harmful but I haven't looked real hard either.
LONG AGO Probably before you were born they came out with a terrific new thing that was going to make cigarettes safe and parents were demanding that their kids switch to FILTER cigs. With that in mind I would avoid them. Guess I am really showing my age on this one.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:37 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,795,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
LONG AGO Probably before you were born they came out with a terrific new thing that was going to make cigarettes safe and parents were demanding that their kids switch to FILTER cigs. With that in mind I would avoid them. Guess I am really showing my age on this one.
Yes but with the filter I also get to inhale that which makes up the filter. As for your age, I'll be 42 on Dec 26th, you can't be that much older than me, maybe, but I didn't think you were.

I've tried quitting, and remember a quote I used to hear when I first started playing baseball, and was having a hard time, "nobody like a quitter" lol. 2015 will be my 15th year smoking, it was the Y2K stuff that made me start, kidding, but I am gonna quit soon................. Not yet, but soon.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:34 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Well, I think you've hit the crux of the issue here with your bolded comment. How much do you know? And what is the source of your knowledge?

So, instead, we ban vaping even though there's no proof whatsoever that they're harmful to bystanders?

Gawd bless the ban-happy, finger-wagging busybodies.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:11 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,993,398 times
And we should trust government health professionals on vapes because they've had an exceptional track record on preventing diabetes through their carb-heavy food pyramid and have shown tremendous backbone in not being influenced by lobbyists from big corn, Monsanto, and others who want to neuter the terms "organic" and "natural", while being anti-consumer choice is banning the labeling of GMOs and rGBH among other things.

Yeah, I trust those guys implicitly.

Last edited by sskink; 12-18-2014 at 07:21 AM..

Old 01-27-2015, 08:36 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times
It is now official Rehoboth has joined Lewes in banning e-cigs.
Rehoboth bans e-cigs on beaches, Boardwalk - By Ryan Mavity - CapeGazette.com - Covering Delaware's Cape Region - Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA

Old 01-27-2015, 02:33 PM

374 posts, read 518,064 times
Sounds like it was an interesting commissioners' meeting! Being new to the area, I am curious as to whether Dewey Beach usually follows what Lewes and Rehoboth Beach does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware